Chapter 6 - Five Fingers •2 ̷̶̀3͘ ͞H͟o̷̶u̶̧͘r̡͠s̷̵͘ ͝͏͏I͏n̷͏•̸̶͠

"Where is Bakugo then?"

Those had been Uraraka's dreadful words that had sent the small group in a fit of panic, upon the untimely realization that the person they were supposed to be protecting was, in fact, now gone.

Gone and taken by a peculiar villain clad in a long orange coat, as black gloves covered his hands, and a mask obscured his face, his whole appearance reminiscent of that of a performer at a low-earning traveling circus.

More important than his attire however, were the three small spheres he held in his hands, twirling them between his fingers, his voice giving the impression he was smirking, even when his mouth was anything but visible.

"You kids have all your values chosen for you... All we want to do is to show him that there are other ways..." the villain spoke, all while dodging Todoroki's ice blast with ease. Meanwhile, Izuku could only stare at him, unable to utter a word through the shock he felt, nor move his body into action due to his numerous wounds.

"It's not just Bakugo... Tokoyami and Saeki are both gone too!" Shoji made the next scary realization, perhaps giving a clue as to what the three spheres in the villain's hand might have been.

"Those three were at the rear... And he took them without a sound," Todoroki mused, a cold bead of sweat running down the side of his head.

The ones at the back...?

No, why would they do that? If they were only after Kacchan...

Tokoyami-kun... and even Atsuhi-san – what do they want with those two!?

"Ah, I apologize but it's a bad habit of mine," the villain spoke again, earning himself five shocked glares. "I'm an entertainer at heart, you see."

He landed on a tree branch further away from the group, twirling the spheres between his gloved fingers a few more times, before hiding them in his closed fist.

"It is true that capturing Bakugo was our priority. Tokoyami on the other hand? That was just improvisation on my part. For him to take down Moonfish – you know, the old 'blade-tooth', a death row inmate, with such ease – that's one impressive Quirk! Ah, and that Saeki girl – just an added bonus! 'Try to capture her too, if you can' – those were Shigaraki's instructions. Among calling her an annoying brat for apparently burning his wrists."

Izuku's eyes were wider than they'd ever been before. No way what he was saying was true... No way they were going to lose them so quickly.

"We're just taking her to, you know, make 'negotiations' a little easier on our side." Those were the last of the villain's words Izuku could take before he snapped.

They're taking Atsuhi-san because of Kacchan-

"We won't let you have them!!!" he screamed, as if he could actually do something with his shattered arms and beat up body.

Another ice attack followed, the villain avoiding it yet again. He moved a hand to his ear and spoke in what must've been a communication device, announcing to the rest of the 'Vanguard Action Squad' ,as he had called it, that its mission had been accomplished.

No!

No, no, no!!

There's no way...

There's no way we'll let these jerks get away!!

We're going to save them!!

***

But alas, fate had other plans.

Not letting them get away? Saving their friends?