Chapter 2: The Curious Case of the Maple Street Weirdos

"Something vile happened here, sister." The girl with skin as white as snow stated as she inspected the abandoned food court.
"I can feel anguish, wrath.... sin." The tanner sibling said. Her eyes were shut and her palms were to the floor feeling the energy of the showdown months prior. "Why did Kali send us back here?" She pondered further.
"There is someone here she wants us to meet." The pale one answered.

A noise echoed through the mall and the strangers darted their heads around before making their exit. It was rather late in Hawkins, being approximately 3Am. Nobody in town had known of their arrival a few days prior and they wished to keep a low profile as they were only in town because their friend 008 aka Kia had told them to stop in. They were not planning on staying much longer but something didn't sit right with them and they knew they had to figure it out before moving on to the next town.

"Have you any theories?" The tan one asked.
"Just one." The pale one said softly. Their faces were slightly illuminated by the passing streetlights as they made their way to the abandoned home they were staying in. "There's another one of us."

"Dustin to Lucas do you copy, Dustin to Lucas." The boy called to his friend.
"It's Lucas I copy." An annoyed voice came through the walkie talkie. "Its 3AM, this better be important."
"There are two girls outside my house, they're walking to Will's old house." Dustin said frantically as he watched the strangers from his window.
"How do you know they're going to Will's house?" Lucas questioned.
"Because I followed them there yesterday." Dustin whispered still watching the girls.
"So you're a stalker now? Maybe their parents bought the house." Lucas tried to be logical.
"No.... the for sale sign is still up and theres a hole cut out in the fence."
"Okay so maybe that is a little weird but not weird enough for you to wake me up in the middle of the night." Dustin heard the response but froze when the pale sister made eye contact with him. She smirked and turned her head forward to continue her path.
"One of them looked at me." Dustin shuddered.

"Looks like we've been spotted, sister" she said with a quiet laugh.

The next day against their better judgement the sisters decided to explore the little town of Hawkins and gather intel about the mall.
Meanwhile Dustin was at the video store explaining to Steve and Robin that two mysterious girls had been walking past his house every night and reside in Will Byers former home which they broke into.
"Maybe they're just runaways." Robin tried to reason.
"Or maybe they have something to do with the Russians." Dustin retorted.
"Hey Dustin...." Steve's voice trailed off.
"Yeah?" The boy asked.
"What did you say they looked like again?" Steve questioned, noticeably starstruck.
"One was slightly tan with jet black hair. The other had icy white skin and long dark red wavy hair that went down to her butt." Dustin was trying to remember.
"You should turn around buddy." Steve instructed. The young boy turned around and let out a yelp before turning his attention back to Steve.
"Thats them." He peeked his head back once more, this caught the attention of the redhead and she gave him another smirk before browsing once more at the movies. This sent chills up Dustins spine.

Max, Lucas, and Mike entered the shop and made their way towards the counter. Dustin began smacking Lucas' arm.
"What?" Lucas yelped.
"Look over there." Dustin pointed to the sisters.
"No shit..." Lucas said in disbelief.
"What?" Max questioned.
"Dustin said those girls have been creeping around for a few days, nobody knows who they are or where they came from... they just appeared." Steve explained.
"Oh.... well anyway El and Will are coming for a visit tonight and we want to throw them a welcome back party, you guys in?" Mike said, completely brushing off the matter. Before anyone could answer the mystery duo appeared at the counter making the whole party jump.
"Sorry to startle." The raven haired one teased.
"Nah you didn't startle, you ready to check out?" Steve tried to keep a calm and friendly demeanor. The raven haired girl nodded and the redhead placed the VHS onto the counter. "....Season of the Witch huh?" Steve questioned.
"What can I say? I like movies about powerful women." The darker haired girl joked.
"Its a great film." Robin chimed in.
The redhead raised her hand to run her fingers through her long red hair, her sleeve fell capturing the attention of fellow redhead Max.
"..010??" Max read the number on the girls arm and her eyes went wide. The mystery girl quickly looked down at her exposed wrist and slapped her other hand over the tattoo. Max's eyes scanned over the girl with darker hair and spotted a similar tattoo on her wrist. "009..." Max made sure her voice was quieter this time.
"So you new in town?" Steve asked, ringing up the girls.
"Yes, but we don't plan on staying too long.
"Thats a shame, but if you ever need anyone to show you around town you know where to find me." Steve winked.
"And who do I ask for?" The sister smirked.
"Steve." He flirted. "And you are?"
"Running late." She smirked, grabbing the tape from the counter before preparing to exit with her sister. Steve stood there dumbfounded, watching her walk away. She turned back and let out a soft chuckle at his expression. "Kimber." She said.
"What?" Steve questioned.
"My name, its Kimber." She said before exiting outside where her sister was waiting. He stood there for a few seconds taking in Kimbers radiating beauty.
"Earth to Steve." Max said poking his face.
"Stop that." He snapped.
"Guys, those girls have the same tattoo as El, except different numbers." Max alerted.
"So What you're saying is there are other people like El?" Mike questioned.
"I assume so, I mean El is number 11 and those girls had 9 and 10 written on them. The question is, how many are there after El."
"So you're saying she's mysterious babe with a cool name and superpowers?" Steve smiled.
"And you're probably not her type Harrington." Robin teased.
"So how do we find out for sure if they have powers?" Lucas questioned.
They all thought for a second.
"I got it." Mike snapped his fingers. "I have to go home and get ready for El and Will's visit but what if you, Max, Dustin followed them and later tonight we can meet up at the hill overlooking Hawkins and you can tell us what you find.
"What? No, no, no." Dustin and Lucas said in unison.
"Why do we have to follow the weirdos?" Lucas said defensively.
"I think you should do it.." Steve jumped in.
Without room to argue the three left on defeat and searched for the sisters.

Elsewhere Kimber and her sister were arguing.
"Kimber that little girl saw our numbers and you willingly gave them your first name."
"Autumn you need to calm down. Kali reassured me our captors from Hawkins Lab were gone." Kimber tried to reassure.
"Something feels off about this town. And that little girl, I could feel the same anguish we sensed at the mall."
"What do you mean?" Kimber questioned her older sister.
"I mean, I think she witnessed what happened in the food court. We need to question her." Autumn stated.
"Well, it looks like its our lucky day sister." Kimber smirked as she watched the three children follow them. Kimber and Autumn smirked and nodded there head as if agreeing on a silent plan. They both went up around the block came up and landed behind the kids who were wondering where they went.
"Can we help you?" Kimbers voice was threatening.
"I uh we just." Lucas and Dustin scrambled for words.
"Our friend has a tattoo just like yours." Max nervously stated. This caused the two girls to stop in their tracks.
"Continue?" Autumns sunset brown eyes became dark as she urged the girl to tell more.
"Her name is El, the number on her wrist is 011. She was held captive in Hawkins Lab until a few years ago." Lucas scolded Max for telling strangers the parties secrets.
"You know about her..." Autumn whispered.
"Yes. We know she has powers." Max stated.
"Take us to her." Kimber demanded.
"She isn't back in Hawkins yet but if you come back to our friends house you can meet her just please don't hurt us." Dustin pleaded.
"We don't hurt children." Kimber stated. The five of them made their way to the wheelers home and a waited the arrival of Eleven.
"So you live on Maple Street?" Dustin asked.
"You know this how?" Kimber asked.
"The house was our friends." He replied.
They had picked that home due to the supernatural feel around it, Autumn had hoped that whoever number 011 was, she had the answers they were looking for.
————————————-

A/N: Hey friends,  the next chapter will be a POV switch most likely hopefully from Autumn's pov because she is my intended main character but I wanted to give a little background on the characters. Also I am going to add a bonus page explaining Autumn and Kimber so you get a better feel of how they look and their personalities.