4

C H A P T E R ~ F O U R

The next day, Sydney waited patiently for Harry. It was an exceptionally slow day-- no customers so far and it was four already. Time had gone by so slowly when waiting for something, or someone.

Meanwhile, Harry was walking down the pavement with his friend and closest band mate, Louis. They acted as a couple and anyone on the streets would think they were one.

"You have to see this girl." Harry smiled at the thought of her curly hair, and her wide grin that never left her face. "She's so beautiful."

"She isn't hot?" Louis asked bluntly.

"No." Harry said. "She's beautiful, not hot."

"So you like her."

They turned a corner, getting one block closer to the cafe.

"I do, I guess." Harry shrugged because he wasn't exactly sure. It didn't seem like Sydney liked him back, so it would be a waste of emotion and time to think of her when she was most likely thinking of another boy.

Suddenly he saw a flash out of the corner of his eye; the unmistakeable flash from a camera. There's only one type of camera that flashes in public and broad daylight, and that is one that belongs to someone who works for the paparazzi.

"Shít." Harry cursed. "Someone just took a picture. We need to move, now."

Louis sighed. "Why are you so worried about it? Its not like we're dating. It seems to me like you'd rather date Sydney-- or whatever her name is."

Harry grabbed Louis by the bicep, and dragged him down the sidewalk quickly. "Yeah, that's her name." He said when they slowed down. He looked down at his feet to see they were coated with white, and snowflakes began to fall from the sky.

"It's snowing." Louis, the one to always say something obvious, said.

"Oh, really?" Harry pulled Louis into the shop, and the familiar bell rang. Harry looked around the cafe and was heavily disappointed when he saw a man at the counter instead of Sydney.

"That's Sydney?" Louis snickered. "I thought you said Sydney was a girl."

"Sydney is a girl." Harry scolded. "And that isn't Sydney."

"Oh."

"She told me she would be here today. We were going to talk about what happened yesterday."

Louis rolled his eyes with a sad smile. "You don't have any business telling some stranger about your mental state. You're famous and she could easily tell the world."

Harry hugged himself for warmth. He was beyond cold and a nice coffee would do for now, but it wouldn't be the same if Sydney didn't prepare it for him. Something about knowing that she made it, made it a whole lot better. "I trust her." He said, and Louis didn't respond.

They walked over to the counter together and asked where Sydney was. The man told them that Sydney wasn't feeling well and went home, so that instantly lowered Harry's mood by a few bonus points.

"We could go see if she's in the parking lot." Louis suggested, but Harry's mind was already set on the fact that she wasn't there.

But instead of arguing, he followed Louis out the door and into the lot, where he saw exactly what Louis had predicted. Sydney leaned against a navy blue Honda, bile on the pavement surrounding her.

Harry rushed over and hugged her righty. "Are you okay, what's wrong?"

Sydney smiled weakly. "I'm just a bit sick. Ill be fine, I just need to get home."