Chapter 7 Danny

:Damon:

I hear a scream coming from downstairs, and rush out of my temporary bedroom and over to the banister.

Kace, what's wrong?

He doesn't answer. I can't see anything, but I can smell him. Ace. Nash. Nash is one of my best friends. One of my only friends. Ace is his wolf. And his wolf is present.

And then I see him. Nash comes around the corner and trots up the staircase in wolf form as if nothing happened.

"What's wrong with you?!" I say.

I head back into my room before grabbing a pair of shorts. He follows me. I can sense Andre. He's my other friend.

I also grab a pair of boxers and hand them and the shorts to Nash when he shifts.

"What do you mean?"

"Hm, let's see. I hear a random scream, thinking somebody is dying, then all the sudden you come prancing up the stairs."

Andre shifts, too, and I hand him some clothes, as well.

Andre says, "Why do you have a rogue in your house?"

"We don't."

"Kace smells like a rogue, too," Nash adds.

I rub my temples. "Annabeth is not a rogue. You're telling me that she saw you?"

"Well, yeah."

I groan. "Great! Why don't we just tell the whole world who we are?!"

"Well, we're sorry."

"Good! Be sorry! You can't just show humans your wolves! You guys sometimes just... Ugh!" I grip the ends of my hair. "Sometimes you guys just infuriate me."

Ellana comes in a couple seconds later, greeting me, then glaring at the other two.

"Why would you do that?!" She yells.

"Stupid move," I add.

"You guys are fucking careless!"

"You have no respect!" If she's yelling, so am I.

"Why?!"

"She's fucking human!"

"She doesn't know that we're real!"

"She's not supposed to know!"

"Are you stupid?!"

"She's fucking innocent! That's how it's supposed to be!"

"You guys'll be sorry!"

"You fucking whores!"

I look at her when she doesn't say anything. We mentally high five each other. 

She rubs her face, and I realize she's tired. Why, I don't know. But, I lead her out of my room by the small of her back, towards her room.

When we enter, I let out a growl. Somebody was here.

"Oh, shut up, already." She rubs her temples. "Listen. Just go make sure Kace is taking care Ann." She sniffs, heading towards her bed and climbing under the covers.

"He won't lay a hand on her, if I can help it."

"Protective, much? You barely know her."

"What?"

She rolls her eyes. "Obviously you don't know."

"Know what?" I snarl.

"Kace didn't tell you?"