one💥🥊

Jungeun heard the ringing of a bell as she squeezed her way through the people crowded inside the stuffy room. She could already feel sweat begin to bead at her forehead, and sighed at the thought of the humidity making her hair frizzy. Yet, she only headed further into the room, dodging those yelling and throwing their arms up. She actually got hit in the face once and glared at the guy who apologized and bowed profusely, but didn't say anything as she approached the ring.

Two females were already inside at opposite corners, relatively the same height from where Jungeun stood. Yeah, they definitely looked taller than Jungeun—okay, not that much taller. And more muscular. But not in the way that their thighs were bigger than Jungeun's head or anything, or she could see their veins as their muscles bulged disgustingly.

A male—who Jungeun could admit was good-looking—dressed in the typical black and white striped referee shirt and black pants climbed into the ring with a microphone. He began shouting into the mic, getting the crowd excited, as if they were at a concert instead of an underground boxing ring.

"In this corner, we have newcomer Honey Bee!"

The crowd screamed louder than they currently had been, a few arms raising above everybody else to cheer for the opponent. The girl Jungeun never seen before raised her own gloved fists up and nodding confidently.

"And in this corner, we have our undefeated champion...BETTAAAA SOULLL!"

There were definitely more screams, and Jungeun had to cover her ears tightly so her eardrums wouldn't burst. All around, people pushed into her and hit her as they jumped and threw their arms at random angles to show that they were obviously there for Betta Soul. The blonde girl nodded to the crowd, definitely a lot more humble. Or maybe she just wanted to hurry up and get the match over with.

Either way, Jungeun turned on the voice recorder on her phone and began to make notes of everything she saw and heard, focusing more on the blonde boxer.

The round started with Betta Soul getting the first hit in with a punch to Honey Bee's face. Betta Soul's supporters cheered as the blonde continued delivering punches in a strategic way, visibly weakening her opponent. Honey Bee did get a few hits in, but Betta Soul put up a strong defense before attacking again.

Jungeun tried keeping up with what was happening, but it was hard when people kept bumping into you and screaming at the top of their lungs. She stumbled over her words as she tried to describe everything properly, and realized that maybe she should've video recorded instead.

Honey Bee was officially knocked out halfway through the first round. Everybody went crazy, and Jungeun was pushed hard enough that her phone toppled out of her hand and slid under the flap of the ring. And since the audience was held away from the ring by a metal barrier, Jungeun had no way of retrieving it.

Honey Bee's coach and a few others carried her off the ring, while Betta Soul was congratulated by her own team. However, she looked like she was trying to brush them off as she slid her gloves off her hands and sat them on the floor. She took out her mouth guard and grabbed her own water bottle and began to drink from it, some dripping down onto her skin and mingling in with the sweat rolling down her body. Jungeun felt her own mouth dry at the sight and she spent a few moments just watching the boxer recharge. Then her gaze lowered to the ground for some reason.

Right! Her phone!

"Excuse me!" She called to literally anybody who would listen and was able to get her phone. It was still a little noisy inside and unfortunately, the only people nearby was Betta Soul's team, and they were fussing over her. The referee was on his phone on the other side of the room, Honey Bee and her team vanished, and anybody who worked for the arena were in deep conversation or actually doing their jobs. Which didn't include retrieving a phone for a girl who was pushed by annoying guys who were crazy over another girl. A girl who can box like a champ, but still a girl who probably wouldn't give them the time of day.

Drastic times call for drastic measures.

The barrier went up to Jungeun's chest, and Jungeun wouldn't be able to cleanly jump over it. She also had little to no upper body strength, but the only thing she could do was pull herself over the barrier.

She didn't bother to excuse herself or apologize since the imbeciles around her caused her phone to go flying as she hooked her arms around the flat top and used her feet to somewhat climb up it enough to throw her leg over it. Small grunts and wheezes left her as she attempted to pull herself up, to no avail since the metal was slippery and her shoes couldn't grip it properly.

"You've got to be kidding me," Jungeun whined as she moved her feet faster to only go literally nowhere.

The idiots around her were still moving carelessly, and knocked into her. She was ready to kick the nearest one, when somebody's back pushed into the soles of her feet at the right time, sending her tumbling over the barrier and onto the hard concrete flooring below. Jungeun hissed as her elbow hit the floor hard, and she spent a few seconds rubbing it until she realized what happened.

"Yes!"

But before Jungeun could retrieve her phone, a large, muscular body blocked her pathway to the ring. "Hey, you can't be here," the deep voice said.

Jungeun stood and dusted herself off, trying not to show how afraid she was. "I know, and I'm sorry, but I really need my phone—"

"No excuses. You have to go."

He hooked an arm around one of Jungeun's, another guy equally as buff grabbing her other, and they began dragging her away.

"But, my phone—!"

All she needed was her phone! Then she'd happily leave!

Jungeun wrestled in their grip for a little bit, to no avail because duh. She opted to dragging her heels in the ground, when—

"Hey!"

The workers stopped and turned around to see Betta Soul walking towards them. The dry feeling in Jungeun's mouth returned, seeing Betta Soul approaching her.

Okay, maybe not her exactly. More like the bodyguards, or whoever the men were that were dragging her away. But still, she was approaching the three of them and—was that Jungeun's phone?

Indeed it was, as Jungeun's dark red case was easily recognizable to her. She sighed in relief and yanked her arms out of the men's grips before taking her phone.

"Thank you so much!" She thanked, bowing.

The boxer waved her hand. "No need to thank me. I saw when you dropped it and tried to get it, but my team held me up."

Jungeun checked the screen of her phone to see that it was perfectly fine, with the screen protector getting a minor scratch. She stopped the recording and slid the phone back into her pocket. And then she smiled up at Betta Soul, like an absolute idiot.

"Give her a better seat," the blonde told the bodyguards. "Those guys over there were giving her a hard time."

"Yes, ma'am."

Jungeun's stomach flipped when she received a small grin and a wink from Betta Soul before she turned and followed the two guards to a better spot, where the people in the area only clapped and yelled. No pushing whatsoever.

Jungeun clicked on the camera app and began recording the next match.

hi, and welcome to my second loona fic and second lipsoul fic!

there's not much warnings or anything for this fic, which is why i didn't make a whole part like i usually do. aside from itzy and hinapia members being side characters, this fic is just an excuse for me to write about jinsoul being a hot boxer🤩

(that last part lowkey has a double meaning jdjddsksjsjsj)

did i plan this fic? no. should i have? yes. will i do it after these three pre-written chapters? hmmm maybe. can't promise anything🤠

anygays, i hope you guys like this fic!!