Chapter 13

Tony's POV

It's been a couple months since Clint called me with the big emergency. He did some research on memory loss and he said that there's a chance fangirl could remember bits and pieces of her life here.

More importantly that dream Steve told him about.

He left it up to me and my scheming to recreate the circumstances. I got the team in on it, too. Those that are still here at least.

Those people include Big Bird (Sam), Scary Spice (Nataha), Thing One and Thing Two (The Twins), Vision, Discount Me (Rhodes), and Big Green (Bruce).

Not Capsicle and his shadow though.

The soldiers can't know.

They have all been working on their team training. I think it's a bit much, but fangirl supports Steve's idea, meaning it'll be useful.

I'm trying to figure out how to recreate their love story as I fiddle with a new suit and do research on some kid Fangirl told me to look into. A Peter something.

But I'm more focused on how to get the geek to remember her dream and save the universe. Let's be honest, if anyone on the team would do it, it would be me.

The most important thing is how they knew they liked each other. A party. I think we're past that though. I heard they had a big heart to heart on Daisy's birthday.

Clint told me about their little adventure in his guest room. So maybe I have to force them into being alone together. Eh, I don't really know what I'm doing. I'll just wing it. How hard can it be?

Steve's POV

We were headed to Lagos after we got word, and confirmation from Natalie, that Rumlow and his gang are there. They are apparently there to steal a bio weapon, which once again, was given information from Natalie.

Natalie and I haven't spoken much. It's different this time. She doesn't hate me, she loves me, but she doesn't want to be with me. Actually this isn't different at all. This is just like last time. I just hope I still end up with the girl.

Pietro, Wanda, Sam, Natalie, Natasha, Bucky, and I all take our positions. I look out for Rumlow at a vantage point while Sam and Pietro are on the roof tops.

Natalie stays with Bucky to make sure he doesn't do anything he isn't supposed to. She also needs his muscle at the entrance of the lab.

Natasha and Wanda keep a look out for any allies or other people we should keep an eye out for in the streets.

According to Natalie, everything is going as planned.

"Alright what do you see?" I ask the street crew.

"Standard beat cops, small station, quiet street. It's a good target. If it was his target," Wanda replies.

"There's an ATM on the corner which means..." I test her knowledge from our group training.

"Cameras," she answered instantly.

"Those crossed streets are one way," I continue.

"So compromised escape roots," she finishes.

"Which means our guy isn't worried about being seen and doesn't care about making a mess on the way out," I sighed, disappointed in Rumlow.

I thought he was a good man. I couldn't be farther from the truth. I still have hope for him though.

"See that range rover halfway up the block?"

"The red one? It's cute," she jokes.

"It's also bullet proof. Which means private security, more guns, more headaches for somebody. Probably us," Natasha remarks.