Prologue

•Bendy's POV•

I landed on my tail uncomfortably as I fell by tripping on nothing. I was really tired and had little to no energy. I was constantly standing up, taking a few steps, and then falling down again. This process lasted what seemed like forever.

I collapsed onto the floor. My ankle was swollen under a huge root. 'Are the trees alive?' I questioned. Was this forest enchanted. Was this the way how I pay for my sins, by rotting with my ankle held captive?

No, it can't be. I am not going out like this.

I clawed at the mossy grass. I pushed my body and ankle out of the grip of the ascended tree root by my free foot. I winced at the pain. As soon as I was out of the root's grip my tail was pulled. I looked around and saw no form if a living being around.

'Am I imagining this? Is this a dream'.

Thoughts and questions ran through my mind like how fast a river flows. Some thoughts stuck to my brain and others were just mere fillers to help the panicky and worrisome moments.

I struggled and sat down on the grass. One leg propped up silently and the other out. I folded the slightly propped leg and hugged it. I  managed to grab my tail and hid in a some-what, deformed, type ball. I felt more safe, the only thing that was not safe was my injured foot. It stung harshly and the cold air slowly getting to me never failed to keep me on edge.

I wanted to cry, but no tears came out. I wanted to scream, but no words came out. This must be a lucid dream.

It has to be.

--

I awoke in a cold sweat. I looked at my surroundings and they were no different from the dream's. Everything was black for a moment.

Then..

There was nothing but a white abyss. Boris would say something stupid like "this is the matrix".

I looked around and saw nothing for as far as the eye can see. I have never experienced anything like this.

The ground was white, the ceiling was white, the walls were white. Everything was blinding.

Suddenly, black words flashed out of the open. They read. "Wandering is a sin."

In a few seconds the words were gone, the blinding room was gone. Suddenly everything was a flash of colors I have never seen before, besides black and white. It was beautiful while it lasted, but soon everything turned black. I couldn't tell if I had my eyes closed or not. I panicked. I went and felt my surroundings. Everything felt like there was no gravity. My arms felt heavy everytime I swung them around to get a feel of my environment. There was simply nothing.

Nothing at all.

Is this the price of wandering?

Is this true loneliness?

No.

There is no "Is this true loneliness?"

This is fear.

Hoc timore..

--