Meeting with david

~ buzz~
Jen hears her phone ping as she slowly opens her eyes and checks the Alexa next to her bed.

Oh my gosh it's 10 am!! Usually I'm up by 8, but I guess going to bed at 4am last night made me wake up later than normal.

As Jen stands up to wash her face and brush her teeth she also grabs her phone from on top the bookshelf.

I always keep my phone on a bookshelf or on top of the fireplace mantle so I force myself to get up and also so it doesn't interfere with my sleep.

I usually wake up to a bunch of group texts from my girls and it's a great start to my day.

" Jen probably went to bed late and is still sleeping" I see the text court just sent she knows me so well, Jen smiles while she responds " I'm up now gosh I should probably try going to bed earlier than 4am"

We chat a little more and put my phone down to let the dogs out.

Clydeo is his normally grumpy self in the morning while Sophie is cheery and ready for the day.
I love their personalities.

"Ok come on" I say as I let them out.

I walk back inside and sit on the couch while I wait for them to finish up. I decided to check the rest of my texts and emails.

As I scroll down to check all my messages I see a name that sticks out

Oh my gosh I can't believe my eyes David schwimmy texted me I haven't heard from him in a while, I'm surprised but so happy to hear from him

The text reads: Hi Jen, gosh it's been a while hope you're doing well, I know this is super random but I'm in town for some time and wanted to know if you'd be up to grab some lunch or something let me know all the best, schwimm

I respond back

Hi schwimmy it's been too long, it's so good hearing from you yeah absolutely I would love to grab lunch and catch up just let me know when and where. Sending lots of love
🤍

I open the big glass doors again to let the doggies in and give them their morning pebbles.

~ 2 hours later~

So schimmy texted me back and we agreed to a lunch date today at 1pm in sunset towers.

I did my morning yoga made my green smoothie and showered.

It's supposed to be 85 degrees today, Jen walks to her closet to pick out what to wear.

She skims through a couple of rows before finding a cute light gray summery dress and pairing it with some silver flats.

She pins her long blonde hair  in a cute clip behind her head.

She applies a little lipstick before heading out the door.

                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                   David
Gosh I'm so excited to see Jen it's been over 3 years since we've seen each other.

I stop on my way to meet her for lunch and buy some flowers from the local shop.

As I pull up to the tower I allow my car to be parked by the valet.