Astray, Astray

Chapter Fourteen
~Teegan's POV~

I stare at the place the portal once was, eyes as big as they can get, my mouth practically touching the floor. "Violet!" Jaxton calls, frantically looking around. I start breathing heavily, my body trembling. What have I done? Tears slowly start cascading their way down my frightened face. Zander grabs my shoulders, "Calm down, Tee. It's going to be okay, just calm down." He comforts me. Jaxton looks back at us, fire in his eyes. "Don't bloody tell her 'it's going to be okay', when it's obviously not! She sent Violet through a portal, Zander!" He snaps, blaming me. I start shaking even more, my breathing becoming too rapid. I start hyperventilating, my vision gets blurry, I feel sick to my stomach.

"Violet fell through the portal, don't you dare put the blame on Teegan!" Zander defends me, protectively standing in front of me. I grab at my chest, trying to calm my heartbeat, but just end up worsening it. "She is to blame!" Jaxton threw his hands up, his voice raising. My knees weaken, I know I won't be able to stay standing for much longer. "Zander.." I meekly call out, but instead of answering me, he shoots daggers at Jaxton. "Violet started this mess! She called us in here. She got upset. She used magic on Tee. She fell through the portal. She brought this upon herself, Jaxton!"

I'm lightheaded, my legs are giving up on me. I collapse to the ground, on my hands and knees. I leave hyperventilation behind and welcome anxiety. Tears fly off my face, landing in little pools of worry and panic on the floor. I desperately try catching my breath, but just simply can't. "Tee!" Zander says, dropping to my side. "Breathe, baby. Just breathe." He cradles me in his arms, placing my head on his chest, so I can hear the soothing rhythm of his heartbeat. My breathing starts to slow down, the shaking simmering. "That's it, darling." Zander encourages. Within the minute, my breathing is nearly back to normal, and I'm standing up again.

I look up to Jaxton, preparing to apologize, the guilt overcoming me. But, before I have the chance to, he pulls me into a hug. "I know it's not your fault. I'm just worried." We break the embrace, and I give him a nod, letting him know it's fine.

"How do portals work?" I ask, looking back and forth from them. "Typically, it leads to where you were thinking." Jaxton shrugs, as if that is the solution to the problem at hand. I roll my eyes, "I was in a panic, I have no clue where my mind was." I state the obvious. He sighs, looking away.

"Telepathy!" Zander shouts, snapping his fingers. I look at him, "no, Zan. Portals. Keep up." I shake my head, dismissing him. He huffs, "you and Vi share telepathy! Use it!" He suggests, giving me a 'duh' look.

I raise my eyebrows, how did I not think of that?

Violet? I try, unsure about this. I waited for a few seconds before trying again.

Vi? Hello?

'Teegan! You bloody twat!'

"I've got her!" I cheer, looking at the boys. They both excitedly rush to me, as if they could hear her if they're close enough to me. "Back up, will you? Jesus." I breathe.

"Ask her where she is!" Jax commands. I put my hands up, "okay, calm down."

Vi? Where are you?

'I think I'm at the edge of town? About ten yards from a diner named Jewels and Gems. I've never heard of it.'

I gasp, looking at Zan. "She's at the diner you take me to." I inform. He smiles, leaning down and pecking my head. "How cute. You were thinking of our place." He teases, wrapping an arm around me. I gave him a smile, that is pretty cute.

"Well, let's get her!" Jax hurriedly says, already walking out the door.

Vi. Go wait inside. We'll be right there.