7| introductions and heartbreaks

C A L E B

The dork has been gone for quite some time. I wonder what's up.

"Call her again." I groaned in annoyance.

"I'm trying! She won't pick up." Grace began to rub her head.

"You try calling her." That is what I did, it lead me to voicemail.

"Fuck it, I'm going in." Grace looked at me with worry. I ran inside the house to find a manly figure by Miel and her mom. Miel caught my eye and looked at me with shock. The manly figure turned around and give me a welcoming smile.

"Who are you?" He asked, I felt annoyance from this man. Something wasn't right. Who was he?

"I'm a friend." I lied. I don't know what we are.

"Well I'm her dad. Ben." He smiled, shaking my hand.

"Caleb." I give him a small nod but kept my eyes on Miel the whole time. She said her dad left her.

"Can you please give me and Miel a moment?" I nodded, I looked at Miel with one last look. I could tell by her eyes that she was saying 'stay'. I didn't want to leave her all alone with him, but I had to. I left the house and waited on the side walk. I could tell that they were arguing. They had such loud voices. At this point, I realized that he was the man that killed my sister. This family, I fucking hate it!

If it weren't for him, I would've had a great life. If it weren't for Miel she would be fuckin fine and I would've been better. Everything was better without this family. No wonder he was in jail. No wonder he had to 'leave' her.

{ }

After a while, the voice began to shrink. They had stopped yelling. I entered the house and smiled. The two parents side by side, smiling.

"I'm Anne." The woman smiled, I shook her hand.

"Caleb Williams." I smiled back, I wonder where Miel is.

"Oh, you're Vanessa's son." I nodded. I looked around and saw that their house was quite similar.

"Your house is quite similar to ours. Beautiful." I smiled, playing it safe.

"Thank you." She smiled back.

"Would you and your family like to come over for supper?" I looked back at Anne and smiled with a nod.

The man didn't look that happy. Ben didn't look happy. Neither was I, but I still smiled didn't I?

"Do you know where Miel is?" Ben looked at me with a glare, it gave me the chills. Goosebumps.

"She's upstairs. Cleaning her room." I felt the sudden urge to punch Ben.

"Okay, thanks. I'll invite my family over once I talk to Miel." I smiled, walking upstairs. I never seen her room before and I was quite curious.I walked into a room that said her name on the door.

"Miel?" I asked, looking around to find her. I heard sniffling but suddenly became completely silent when I entered the room.

"Yeah?" She turned around and saw a red mark on her cheek. She was slapped.

"Are you okay?" She turned to me and gave me a confused look.

"I'm okay." She forced a smile. I think this is the first time I've seen her cry. I looked at her with sorrow in my eyes.

"Did that man slap you?"

She looked to me with a tired, sad look.

"Is it obvious?" I shook my head. Not really, although, I don't think her mom would slap her that hard for doing nothing. I let out a sigh. I remembered what I wanted to tell her. It's either now or never. I know it wasn't the time but I had to say it.

"Miel, I think we should stop and ignore all of this. Ignore me and I ignore you. I think it's best if we don't see each other again." She looked at and cried. I watched each tear fall. Damn it, I hate when she's cries. What is up with me though? I'm not even that close to her and this hurts me. I only met her a few days ago and I'm already feeling like this. I shook my head and focused my attention back to her.

"Get out, then." I looked at her with shock.

"Get out!" She fully yelled, turning around. I walked out the door and told Anne I had other plans. I will not have any regrets saying that. It's for her own good. It's way better if we never met anyways. Why did I want to say that anyways? Well, if I got too attached, things wouldn't end well.

{ }

M I E L

I looked at my phone and saw the contact, "Dumbass." I wanted to smile but all I felt was sadness. What does he mean not see each other again? I clenched my fist. Knowing that if I do, I'll maybe hurt myself. He was one of my worst weaknesses. I fell for him too early, too hard. I fall for people too easily.

\ /

Hello :/

What did you guys think of this chapter? I feel heartbroken about Miel and Caleb...Caleb that stone cold coconut..also sorry if this wasn't as good. It'll get better though! Plz don't hate :(

I'm also sorry if there are any mistakes in this book! I'm trying to read it over and edit it but sometimes I miss some things! Plz forgive me haha.

Anyways! Enjoy the next chapter :D