the one with no wedding

❁

"i'm so glad mindy bailed last minute so i could be your maid of honor!" isabella squealed to her sister as they waited in the gift room, both preparing rachel to go down the isle.
"do you see this lamauge gravy boat?" rachel asked her sister completely ignoring anything just said.
"uh, yeah," isabella looked over at her sister in confusion as she walked over to stand next to her.
"isn't it beautiful," rachel cleared her throat after moaning a little at the view of the gravy boat.
"oh my god. i cant marry barry, i find this gravy boat more arousing than him—wait a second, h-have you noticed how much barry looks like mr. potato-head? i have to leave. i cant do this."
rachel began pacing around the room. suddenly she caught the view of a window in the room and it was like a lightbulb went off in her head.
"help me climb out of the window. i have to get out of here," rachel insisted as she was already on her way to the window.
"rach, it's pouring. you don't even have an umbrella," isabella tried to convince her to stay but rachel continued to hop onto the window sill and climb out.
"come with me," rachel insisted with sad eyes as she stood on the other side of the window.
rachel knew her sister was always just a little too careful and needed to know she could trust her.
"fine–but i'll go after everyone realizes you're gone. it'll be too suspicious if the maid of honor isn't there and the bride is taking too long to be found. now go," isabella swallowed her thoughts and shooed her sister to leave sooner.
isabella felt her heart start to pound at the thought of what everyone at the wedding would think of the entire situation.
after a lot of hyperventilating, isabella finally got herself together and prepared to go down the isle.
isabella ran over to the back room and quickly locked arms with one of barry's groomsmen.
walking down the isle she observed the many optimistic faces, including (and especially) barry's.
she got up to the alter and stood in her place–her heart still pounding and mouth going dry.
when mr. green returned from the back room empty handed, everyone began to stand up and panic.
isabella felt her heart start to pound even harder than it was before and exhale shakier breaths.
hell began to break loose and isabella took it as an opportunity to leave and try to find rachel.
the only person isabella could think of that lived in the city was one of rachel's best friends from high school–monica geller, so that's who she sought out.

"so you wanna tell us now, or are we waiting for four wet bridesmaids?" monica asked the soaked bride after she had come into central perk post-escaping her wedding.
just as monica asked, isabella stumbled into the coffee shop with drenched hair and her heels in her left hand.
"ella?" rachel's eyes lit up seeing that her sister actually made it.
"rach you're actually here! oh my god monica!" isabella ran over to hug them both.
"alright everyone this is another lincoln high survivor," monica began to introduce ella to the friends that surrounded them.
"this is phoebe, joey, you remember ross and chandler."
"i'm isabella, but please just call me ella," ella continued to awkwardly greet the friends individually around the coffee shop.
"now, can you continue the story on why you ran out on your wedding?" monica turned to rachel after having ella sit on the couch next to where chandler was sitting on the armrest.
rachel started going on about the gravy boat and all about how barry looked like mr. potato head.
"and ella, how do you fit into all of this?" phoebe naively questioned her since she had no idea about the history between monica, ross, chandler, rachel, and ella.
"oh right! i'm rachel's youngest sister," ella smiled as she looked at phoebe and then to joey.
"chandler, do you even remember ella? she was so young when you two first met," monica furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at the two in the corner of the couch.
"actually, yeah i remember," chandler quickly nodded before continuing.
"you know i'd actually ask you out, but it seems like you're already having a pretty bad day," chandler returned ashamed eyes to ella's that were flattered.
the foreign feeling of being hit on made ella's heart begin to beat just a little bit faster again.