the one with the girls night

❁

"how does she do that? would you look at her? she is so peaceful," monica whispered to ross as they watched phoebe sleep on the central perk couch.
phoebe suddenly woke up, scaring the gellers that sat around her.
"what's going on with you?"
"i got no sleep last night!" phoebe rearranged herself on the orange couch cushions.
"why?"
"my grandmother has this new boyfriend, and they're both kind of insecure in bed. oh, and deaf. so they're constantly, like, having to reassure each other that they're having a good time. you have no idea how loud they are!" phoebe frustratedly vented to her friends.
"well, if you want, you can stay with rachel and me tonight, we can have a girls night and even ella can come over," monica offered as she placed her hand on phoebe's knee.
"thanks."
shortly after, chandler and joey entered the coffee shop. this happened to be the odd day joey decided to count how many steps there were from their apartment to the central perk doors.
as the rest of the friends made their way to central perk for the day, the two boys persisted that ross go to the ranger's game with them that night.
"oh my god, oh-is today the twentieth, october twentieth?" ross asked the group halting the jokes chandler and joey kept making about him.
"oh, i was hoping you wouldn't remember," monica winced at her brother's realization.
"what's wrong with the twentieth?"
"eleven days before halloween, all the good costumes are gone?"
ella giggled at chandler's joke while practically sitting across the room from where all of this was happening.
"today's the day carol and i first, consummated our physical relationship–sex. you know what, i-i'd better pass on the game. i think i'm just gonna go home and think about my ex-wife and her lesbian lover," ross depressingly explained to the group.
"the hell with hockey, let's all do that!" joey obliviously cheered—earning a glare from all of his friends.
"c'mon, ross! you, me, joey, ice, guys' night out, c'mon, whaddya say, big guy. huh? huh? huh?" chandler continued teasing ross, even pretending to punch his stomach.
"alright, alright, maybe it'll take my mind off it. do you promise to buy me a big foam finger?" ross turned to chandler with puppy dog eyes.
"you got it."
rachel broke into the room excitedly waving her first paycheck in her hand—that was until she saw the actual balance inside.
"so when are you going to get a job?" rachel sassily put her hands on her waist as her check got passed among the friends.
"don't get mad at me because we can't all seduce gunther into getting us a job. and i actually now have job at 'the cool antique shop down the street'," ella answered rachel very matter-of-factly.
"oh i love 'the cool antique shop down the street'!" phoebe excitedly responded to the news.
rachel just rolled her eyes at her sister and walked over to wipe an empty table.
soon the guys all started making their way out of the door, three women walking into central perk immediately replacing them.
"rachel? isabella?" one of the women asked as the rest inspected coffee shop.
"oh my god!" rachel dropped the rag in her hand and went over to hug and scream with the group of women.
ella unwillingly got up from her seat and went over to greet the women as well.
"what are you guys doing here?" rachel nervously asked the trio that stood in front of her.
"well, we were in the city shopping, and your mom said you work here and that ella hung around here, and it's true!" another one of the women spoke up, the other two still observing and clearly judging the sisters.