INTRODUCTION

HAILEY DENIM WAS THE SECOND YOUNGEST nurse at the institute. The first youngest was a young man named Caleb York, a rather handsome man.

"Caleb." She nodded, smiling at the memory of yesterday.

"Hailey," He smirked

They stopped in the middle of the common room, just watching the other's movements. Hailey's face turned a deep shade of red, heat rising to her cheeks.

His lusty eyes moved above her head, at someone approaching. Hailey turns on her heel.

"Grayson." Hailey breathes out.

Grayson was the head doctor. His head was full of locks of silver and white. He was nowhere attractive to Hailey, but she always had her eyes on him.

"Miss Denim, can you come with me?"

Hailey nods, rather quickly.

Hailey glances back to Caleb, whose bright brown eyes appeared yellow in the light, whose hair was covered in loose curls of brown. Hailey smiled at him before turning her attention back to the doctor.

"Hailey, I've known you have been rather busy with your patients." Dr. Grayson sat on a chair and furrowed his eyebrows, the lines on his forehead deepening with this. "But I've been told you've been great at building bonds with them, which is difficult."

Hailey nods. It was the only think Hailey could do to this noticeable man at the moment. Truth be told, she was good at getting through to patients and she was quite arrogant about that fact.

"A young man has been scheduled to be put into room 10b," The doctor presses his fingertips together and looks at Hailey for a reaction.

"And?" Hailey asks after he stares at her for a long minute.

He turns to his paperwork and grabs a file. He hands it to Hailey.

Hailey looks at the doctor before opening the file. In the corner she spots a picture of a man.

"I'm assigning you to him." Grayson says before standing up. He puts his hands on her shoulders.

Hailey skims through the paper before looking up to him, black eyes set on his face. "He has PTSD?"

Grayson nods.

"Poor baby." Hailey looks down to the file again.

"He's quite difficult I've been told," Grayson says, taking a few steps backwards. "If you don't think you can handle it, I can assign it to another."

"No I'll do it." Hailey wraps her arms around the yellow file.

The doctor nods. "I'm counting on you, Hailey."