Penny Plectrum

A/N: Thanks for clicking!

☆Subject: Paul McCartney
☆Setting: Waterfalls Paul's Rye home.
☆Synopsis:Leigh (1.0) undergoes an upgrade~ in herself and her life.

Penny Plectrums- 4540 words, 1 chapter.
Penny was written over 1 and a bit days August, 2019.
Penny is mostly from the point of view of Leigh and covers the reawakening of Paul after Linda's passing.

♡♡♡----♡♡♡♡----♡♡♡♡---♡♡♡

Gazing over this, now beloved, landscape has become second nature.

Once it was foreign.

Endless green spread before her now, her old life was more crackling brown and gum-tree olive grey. Daffodils and bluebells and robin's swapped from wattle and kookaburras. Now this beautiful place was almost home. Almost completely the second version of Leigh 2.0.

Leigh 1.0 had a good run. Five wonderful children, husband that kept a roof over their head, food in their belly's... and Leigh 1.0 provided love, support, later home business duties which, by the way, were neither studied nor natural. Leigh 1.0 became more than a simple nurturer housewife of which she had been for nigh on  twenty years of their marriage. She became integral in the income stream when prior she felt as though she had been the constant dripping tap; wasting money without helping to refill the dam.

Her, and her old life, were friends.

Lover, husband, provider became housemate, handyman and ultimately acquaintance.

His job was the main culprit. How do you do 'marriage' when half of the two are far away for months on end. How do you be intimate when his side of the bed is cold. Sexual want dwindled, a lovers need drowned slowly in miles of nothingness.

Her new lover waved from his spot beside the railway track. The centuries old bridge, her favourite, was where she stood watching over him. She waved and smiled back. Leigh 2.0 shook her head grinning at his naughty boy deeds, and also a smidge in disbelief at the whole darn second life he seemed to offer her.

He was part of Leigh 2.0's healing and rise from the ashes of her divorce.

Her adventures in England had been full of discovery of family ancestors, places and relatives plus a big treat for herself;

The seeking out all the places her favourite band had existed, recorded and played.

Leigh had almost fainted when the family had surrounded her and presented her with her own version of a fabled golden ticket- a plane ticket to England. A holiday to reset and rediscover herself, after the divorce.

A, Leigh 1.0 upgrade, had now been supplied.

All she had to do was download and install.

Months of creating new memories, discovering new people, places and ways of life. Testing her, making her grow up, even though she was. Because being a wife and mother had you bound, held to needs. To responsibilities for others.

New shoes- for the kids.
New clothes- for the kids.
School drop off and pick up, tuckshop canteen volunteering and member of school committees.
Travel- Where are we going always intertwined with... will the kids like it?

She never ever, ever hated or lost sleep over all of this sort of thing but without push or shove she was just.. last. And bowed to others needs always... because that was her job.

In England she bloomed. She flourished in herself and became stronger and more resilient for it. She had only herself to put first, so she did. And it showed.