Chapter 1 Hearts

Lizzie's POV

I stand outside the school door my heart beating fast, I didn't know what to do! On one hand I am supposed to rule my subjects correctly as my mother had taught, stand tall no emotion and ignore all! But on the other I wanted to see Daring again, and jump around like a baby lamb! But that would be immature of me I... "Excuse me love, is there a problem with that door. You trying to move it with your mind or something" I turn to see a janitor sweeping the floor looking at me, I narrowed my eyes and yelled "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!". He got the idea and wandered away. Now where was I...? Oh yes... Well it's properly best to keep my reputation! So I push the door and March into school. I walked down the corridor desperate to find Maddie and Kitty but I couldn't look into the crowds one of the top rules on my mothers Cards! I can hear them whispering about me, do they know? Of course not don't be ridiculous Elizabeth! I walked down the nearest empty corridor then ducked into the open cuboard. I sigh in relief as I pull out my mirror phone, i dialled Maddie's number then put it to my ear. It rang for a while then I heard it pick up, "this is HAT WORM" Maddie's voice echoed "and Catworm..." Kitty sighed in the background. "How can we HELP!?" Maddie giggled. "It's Lizzie where are you" I heard my voice wobble but I wouldn't cry. "In our dorm why" I hung up as she finished her sentence and sprinted out the cubists and to there dorm. I couldn't bare to hear them whisper my name in a horrible rumour again. I pulled the door open if there dorm and rushed in collapsing on Maddie's bed, I felt my face go red and my eyes started to swell with tears. I felt a soft hand on my shoulder and a calm voice say "it's ok Lizzie what's wrong?" It was Maddie. "I can't take it anymore people talking about me! I hate it!" I said as I started to cry. "If people talk about you meanly then they don't have hearts!" Maddie whispered stroking my shoulder. "What?..." I said confused, "well we have one flesh heart but we have several mental hearts in your brain one for your friends, your family, your people, your crush... And does people obviously don't have any if they don't like an adorable girl like you" she squeaked clasping me into a hug. "That didn't make sense but it made me feel slightly better thanks I guess" I shrugged patting Maddie in the back, there was no sign of her realising me. Kitty appeared at the end of the bed "off with there heads" she laughed. I smiled at her kindly as Maddie let go. They both looked at me tilting there heads to the side. "Let's fix your heart" they both said taking my arms and leading me into the bathroom.