26. Three Months

Violet's P.O.V.

I fumbled with my keys, finally tugging them out of my purse and unlocking the apartment door. Ethan and Hailey were lying on the couch watching a movie. I walked in quietly, dropping my purse and two boxes of pizza onto the coffee table. "Dinner's here!" I sang.

Hailey paused the movie, sitting upright. "Hey, Vi."

Ethan turned to look at me and smiled. "How was therapy?"

"Good." I replied. "He thinks I'm ready to change my visits to once a month."

"That's great!" Hailey smiled.

It has almost been three months since Ashton left. I vowed to make changes that night that Charlie came by and I stuck to it. One of those changes was going to therapy once a week to better understand myself and learn how to handle situations properly, instead of letting my emotions control everything. Ethan thought it was a good idea, but Travis was a little skeptical when I told him. He came around to it eventually when he started seeing changes in me.

"You guys want a drink?" I asked, walking to the refrigerator.

"I'll take a soda." Hailey responded.

"Beer, please." Ethan said.

I grabbed two sodas and a beer for Ethan and walked back to the living area, sitting on the loveseat beside the couch. I hadn't had a drop of alcohol since Ashton left, either. It always seemed to fuel the fire that consisted of my bad decisions so I cut it out of my life completely, like I had for so many years before I met Ashton.

I haven't spoken to Charlie since that night three months ago, but I didn't have any hard feelings towards him. I wasn't going to any parties, choosing to spend my time with Ethan and Hailey, Travis and his girlfriend Britt, or a new friend I had met at the gym a couple of months ago named Jordan. We usually spent our time shopping, having movie nights, or of course, going to the gym together. She wasn't the type to party so any time we would hang out, it was always low key.

"We're going over to a friend of ours later tonight. Do you want to come with us?" Ethan asked, taking a bite of his pizza.

"She has a friend that's really good looking. His name is Jared. Maybe I can introduce you?" Hailey teased.

I shook my head, laughing lightly. "Sounds tempting, but I think I'm going to just hang out here tonight."

Dating was something else I had been avoiding. As much as I wanted to say it's because I'm in such a good place being single and independent that I don't want a man, it's mostly just because I still miss Ashton. Don't get me wrong, I've been doing great. I'm happy with my life and I finally feel like I know who I am and what I want, but I just don't feel like moving on yet. Part of it may be because I'm scared I'll lose myself in a relationship again.

"Suit yourself." Ethan shrugged.

Once we finished eating, Ethan and Hailey left, leaving me to my night of ice cream and Netflix.

~*~

Ashton's P.O.V.

One week. In one week we would be home. There were no more tours currently scheduled so we would finally be back in L.A. for more than a couple of months. I couldn't wait.We were currently sitting at a pub in Scotland and I had just downed my fourth shot when Michael reached over, grasping my shoulder.

"Don't you think you've had enough?" He asked.

I shook my head as the bartender poured another one.