Part 1 of 4 : The Broken Angel

Donghae's POV

August 15, 20**

Every day, I feel scared.

Every day, is a brand new day where I need to feel afraid if I can still see the next day.

Every day, is a nightmare.

Every day...every day.

"Mr. Lee, you're next." It is dreadful enough to sit still on this cold stool, but the moment I heard the nurse voice, I know whatever the doctor will tell me, it will emotionally kill me.

I was praying a while ago, but my prayers were not answered anymore. Did the Lord hate me now? I've been a good human being for the past 19 years, so why now?

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"He is only 10 years old doctor, how can you say that he won't be able to reach the age of 20?" Mama is crying. I don't know why she's crying. Dada is holding Mama's hand. What is happening?

"I will explain again Mr. and Mrs. Lee, your son has a heart condition called Cardiomegaly or Enlarged heart. His heart is not pumping blood effectively, which can bring him a congestive heart failure. It may improve over time, but most cases of enlarged heart need a life-long treatment with medication. Of course since your son is still young, his heart still pump blood normally, but as he grows older, the heart's pumping ability decline. We don't discourage you Mr. and Mrs. Lee, but we want both of you to be aware that your son has limited time. We can prolong his life by means of medication, but we don't know when or where his heart will start to decline." The doctor told Mama and Papa. I don't understand anything.

Mama is crying hard. Dada started to cry too. The doctor keeps on writing something on his notebook. I am just sitting on the other side of the room, playing with blocks.

What is happening? I don't know anything.

"From now on, you will be home schooled baby." I am 12 years old when Mama decided that going to school tires me. "Of course, Kyu, Heenim, and Wookie can visit you here in our house anytime. Tell them that I will bake cookies for them." Mama said, encouraging me to embrace the life of being home schooled, by using my friends.

I nod, "I understand Mama. I can't participate in our P.E class, so it's okay to just stay at home." I answered. I expect this anyway. When Mama and Dada explained to me my situation, I embraced my faith already, I know that one day, I will die.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

August 15, 20**

"It seems like your results are normal, Donghae. Are you taking up your medicines on time?" My doctor, Kyu's father, Mr. Cho told me.