Mun Kong Pen Kwahm Ruk

With the cue of the MC announcing his name, the bright-faced poster boy of Econs sauntered onto the stage with his charming smile, welcomed by the screams of the school population, completely under his spell. 

The lights dimmed and the music started, the crowd simmering down as the familiar tune started playing.

I haven't sung this in a while, he thought as he looked down at the floor briefly before raising his head up, about to sing the first line, especially without him

He had his professional smile plastered on as he sang the words, "Mun kong pen kwahm ruk, teee rum hai dtua chun, yung yeun yoo dtrong nee…" making sure to max his level of stage presence, eyeing the ogling crowd.

The first few verses went by, even the ones that were always sung by Perth- though he did prepare that one time to sing it himself, and was well on his way to do so when Perth surprised him. 

"Tur keu kwahm sook kaung chun, tah tur mai rup mun…"

Perth wasn't going to be here this time, the student body said they tried to get him but his event ended too late for him to attend. 

It's okay, he thought, it's just a song

"...kong dtaung ror hai lohk yoot moon pai gaun…"

As he was just about finishing the last line of the verse before the upbeat of the song, the music faded out.

A technical failure?

Just then, in the darkness of the audience, flashlights started lighting up in just one spot, turning to face a certain direction in the middle of the walkway. 

Perth. 

Saint was taken aback by the boy being lit up amongst the darkness, smiling that smile that just made his heart melt- especially when he knew it was directed at him. 

When Perth knew he got Saint's, and the entire school's, attention, he raised the mic he was given and said while looking straight up at the man on stage, "You really think you can sing our song without me?" 

Right after he said those words, a crescendo triggered on cue, and the song came back booming at full blast while the crowd went wild as Perth continued singing, he made his way to the stage, stepping on every beat, "Mun kong pen kwahm ruk, tee plian kum wah cheewhit…"

Saint was stunned, his mic slack at his mouth while he just stared at Perth singing. Saint was smiling, and his brain was yet to catch up to what was happening. 

Perth laughed a little while he was singing, amused at Saint's expression, very much akin to the last time he did it, and very much still as adorable.

How is this mochi-faced cutie three years older than me? I'd pinch his cheeks if I could right now. 

Instead, he reached out his hand and nodded to it, offering it. Perhaps the senior needed a little guidance back into the tempo. 

Saint took it, and Perth moved closer, interlocking their hands and continued singing, looking at the audience but really was paying attention to Saint that was singing along while he eyed their hands and looked at Perth before turning back to the audience. 

The song was going well, and Saint decided to let go of Perth's hand in favour of wrapping his free hand around Perth's shoulder- which he noticed was much higher now, and made him realise just how much Perth has grown since the first workshop they'd had just a year ago. 

Perth followed suit and chose to snake his arm around Saint's waist, leaning his head just a little so that his head was touching Saint's. 

They savoured the feeling of each other again, being this close to each other, touching. They were singing together again, surrounded by their fans that were also their schoolmates. It brought back the familiar feeling of warmth back in their hearts. They missed it terribly. 

They missed each other just as much. 

Perth got a little mischievous and poked Saint's side, causing him to stumble his words and look at Perth with wide eyes, laughing as he struggled to keep singing. Perth, now, did not care much for the performance level of the song but rather just wanted to have a good time with his Phi on stage again.

So he kept poking, and poking, and poking with the most childish look on his face until Saint started poking back, barely keeping the song going. 

When the audience caught on that the two were no longer interested in anything but each other, they started chiming in- singing the song for them. 

"Gor dtor hai chun yoot hua jai kong dtaung ror hai lohk yoot moon pai gaun…

As the instrumentals started, there were two more surprise guests: Ae and Pete. 

Against the powerful bass of the song, moments that Ae and Pete shared, where Perth and Saint's bond had grown from, filled the screen, changing every now and then, catching everyone's attention. Perth and Saint looked upon the memories with fondness.

Saint was completely in shock, unaware that this had been prepared at all.

The montage continued behind Perth and Saint caught back the tempo and started singing the next verse. This time, Perth turned to directly face Saint as he sang as he raised his hand up to tentatively hold Saint's jaw, "Tur ror hai chun hun lung dern lup hai bpai…" looking into Saint's eyes with sincerity and so much meaning. 

Saint returned the longing gaze, smiling fondly at his junior as he continued while he too held Perth's cheek in his palm, "Dai yin mai…

They were facing each other now, in their own world, holding their mics together, their knuckles touching and their heads just inches from touching their noses- just like before. 

Lost in each other's eyes, the two boys sang in unison as they smiled around the words, "Kong dtaung roe hai lohk yoot moon pai gaun…"

The last instrumental set in, and they didn't separate. Their eyes hooked the other one in, both unable to break the stare, they didn't want to. Despite being around hundreds of students, it felt like they were the only ones in the room. 

Time stopped, and their eyes only had each other in them. 

Perth looked down at Saint's lips, and then looked up at Saint. Saint sucked in a breath as he entertained the idea.

Did they want to?

At school? Were they allowed to?

Fuck it, Saint's impulse went, I love him.

He surged forward, pulling Perth towards him and wrapping his lips around his. Perth succumbed into it, melted into it. 

They were framed in perfectly by the larger couple on the screen, the kiss on the football field happening concurrently. Ae and Pete were in their uniforms as Perth and Saint were. Life mimicking art, love...by chance.

The student body didn't scream, but instead chimed in on the last beat, finishing the song in harmony as they let the two bask in the moment.

"Mun kong pen kwahm ruk…"

---
With Perth entering Saint's university and everyone shipping them, my imagination went wild when I looped this song again and again HAHAH Hope you guys enjoyed this small little fic of mine, love you ❤☺