Chapter 1

Montana-

I jumped off the bus and started walking toward the school gate. The dry grass around the path to the building makes this place look more like a deserted town than a school, abandoned for the forsaken folks to live in. The pavement itself, helping to show the way between the dead grass, is turning a bit browner than its original light colour. Suddenly the grass start shaking, making a sound louder than my footsteps. When I look, a black cat run from it, right in front of me to the other side of the path. Some girls chirped jumping while I continued walking like nothing happened.

Although the place looks deserted, it feels great for me, makes me feel like I belong. The people around me on the other hand, make me realise I am just some invisible girl roaming around the place. The girls that made a 'look at me' noise by chirping stare at me and my unafraid face after the cat has ended its journey, at least that's how far I could see it. They look at me as if the cat was part of me, accompanying me to the school. I keep on walking, ignoring them as I have been doing for the past years.

Regardless of its looks, Davana High is a big school. Just like other schools I've heard or read about, there are all types of people. The mean girls, I guess those 3 girls can fall under that group. The cool kids, the nerds, geeks, you name it, but still, I can't fit in any of those groups. Is not like I never tried fitting in, I did, but it seems like everyone has already chose their team, everyone except me.

My family and I moved to this town 3 years ago, I was doing my 8th grade, having to start a new high school here. My mom though, she grew up here, before she got married to my dad who lived in a different town. We were born there and stayed there, me and my 3 younger siblings. 3 years ago, my dad was killed in a car accident, leaving us poorer as my mom didn't have any job there or any relative. So, my mom decided to come back home, where we now live, with my grandmother and my grandfather. Two years ago, my grandfather died of old age, now is just us and my grandmother. We are like starting over in this town, at least not for my mom.

I walk pass the hottest chick in this school, at least that's what the whole school say. Not like I don't see it as well, I do, but I don't find any reason to compare her to the whole school. Rollete Taiker, that's her full name, a tall blond girl, with a waist like an hour glass, dressed in high waist tight pants, high heel shoes and a little blazer that shows off her belly button. She looks amazing, her face round like a Chinese model but her long chin making it taller. She glares at me as I pass; I just look at her and say nothing. We stay next to each other at home, but we don't talk much anymore, especially when we are at school.

Through her serious look and pose, I can tell she has a good heart, well who doesn't, we are all just pretending to be someone else, to fit in, but I believe deep inside, we have a good soul. Though she wasn't smiling, I felt she did smile at me, leaving me with a little smile on my face and that's when I realised it and cover it, by staring down to my black clog shoes.

Here comes Briesse Peterson, with a basketball jersey like is winter, he arrives where Rollete is and carries her high on his chest, leaving her jangling from the top of his head, chirping. Briesse is the male version of Rollete, the hottest guy in school. Well I seem to go with that, believe it, that he is the hottest, with his full dark eyebrows hanging very close to his eyes, and his short wavy hair banging in front of his face, you can hardly deny that he is the hottest, you just can't. They stand there, kissing and doing all those things lovers do, I look down to my clogs again and then keep on walking toward the hallway that leads us from the ground to the class rooms.

There is a big clock when you enter the hallway building, and when I look, we got 2 minutes before the class start. I try walking fast to my classroom before the bell rings.