Ch.2

(b.b.h)

"Secretary?"
"I know what you're thinking but, the vice president chose someone else for the marketing team but wanted to keep you around, if you do well he'll add you to the marketing team within a few months." Explained Mr. Kim, "Besides, this is a good experience! You get to meet with people in the company and learn about how we work, it'll make it easier for when you join the marketing team."
"I need to think about this for a little while, I'll call you back, Mr. Kim."
"Of course! Give me a call when you made up your mind and we can meet up."

   I thank Mr. Kim and hang up, I don't know how I feel about this. I don't like being ordered around by people who think they're higher than everyone, and I'm pretty confident that I can get a job somewhere else but, this is PSJ Entertainment! And I'll still get on the marketing team eventually. Should I?

  I decide to meet up with Sehun for lunch and see what he thinks, he's one of my closest friends so I wanted to ask for his opinion and discus it a little. I scroll through Instagram for a little while I wait for Sehun, I see pictures of my other friend Jongdae with his fiancée and crack a smile.

They're cute.

  I haven't thought about dating much anymore, it seemed like a waste of time and I'm not interested in anyone anymore, maybe I was meant to be alone...but that's okay.

"Baekhyuniee! Hi." Sehun intrupts my thoughts, "Did you wait long? I'm a little late."
"Hey Sehun." I greet him, "No no it's okay."
"Did you order yet?"

   As we're eating our food I decide it's time to tell Sehun about my situation. I tell him what Mr. Kim told me about making me the vice president's secretary temporarily, and me hopefully eventually being put on the marketing team.

"I think it's a good deal, this could be better than being put on the marketing team immediately." Said Sehun.
"How come?" I ask.
"You get to learn about the environment and people in the company before joining. You see how things work and who knows, maybe you don't want to be apart of it. You'll also be in favor with some people if you do well, including the vice president."

   Sehun has some good points and so did Mr. Kim, it's not a bad deal at all. But I'm still nervous about accepting. What if the vice president is a jerk?

"I'll think about it a little more and I'll give Mr. Kim a call. Thank you, Sehun."

   After finishing our food we pay and Sehun walks me home, I lay in bed and think about it a little more.

I sigh,  fuck it. What's the worst that can happen?

I call Mr. Kim and he answers almost immediately.

"Hello Mr. Kim. I know it's a little late but can we meet tomorrow? I have my answer."
"Yes of course! Let's meet at a cafe, 3:00pm tomorrow, I'll send the address."
"Thank you, have a good night sir."
"You too, Baekhyun."

I lay down on my bed and sigh. Is this the right choice? Will I regret it?

I anxiously wait for Mr. Kim at the cafe we agreed to meet at. What if the vice president ends up being annoying? That'll make it so hard for me to do well. Maybe going to another company would've been better.

  No, like Mr. Kim and Sehun said, this is a good experience. Besides, I can quit later on if I don't like it.

"Ah! Hello Baekhyun." Mr. Kim approached me, "So you've decided?"
"I'll do it. But I hope that I don't have to be a secretary for too long, otherwise I'll find another company."
"Yes! You'll start next week, Baekhyun."
"Thank you Mr. Kim."
"No problem. I honestly wish we get to work together immediately, you really seem to be good person and a hard worker, so I'll try my best to get you in."
   "If you don't mind me asking, why wasn't I picked in the first place?" I ask.
"A-Ah well...I did think you were the best choice but I always need to show my top 3 options to Mr. Park, but he picked my second option but still wanted you around. Like I said earlier, he probably just wants to give you more experience in the company so you're the strongest you can be when you start working in my team." Explained Mr. Kim, "He's still a good guy don't be upset with him or you won't make it."
"Oh...don't worry I'll always work hard." 

  Mr. Kim smiles at me before checking his phone and standing up, "Thank you very much Baekhyun, I have some work to do now so I'll be going. I look forward to working with you."

  I thank Mr. Kim and leave after he does. I hope I don't regret this...

One Week Later

I wake up to the sound of my ringtone, I check to see who's calling me this early in the morning.

Sehun?

"Sehun why are you calling me this-"
"Oh don't you start work today? You better get ready Baek, you don't want to leave a bad impression on your first day."
"SHIT SEHUN YOU'RE RIGHT, THANK YOU."
"I'll pick you up in an hour, see ya."

I run to the bathroom and wash my face and brush my teeth, then I run to my closet and grab a white dress shirt, and black pants along with a suit jacket.

I look at my reflection and start styling my hair a bit with my fingers. I go to the kitchen and grab a glass of orange juice for breakfast, my phone starts buzzing and I answer.

"Baekhyun I'm outside~" Said Sehun.
"Alright coming!" I hang up and leave the cup in the sink and grab my bag before leaving.

I get in the car and greet Sehun before shutting the door.

"So knowing you, you probably didn't have time to eat something so I got you a sandwich." Sehun hands me a sandwich.
"Sehun you really are a life saver, thank you so much."
"No problem at all, I'll always be here to help you."

Sehun always does anything I ask him and helps me out even if I don't say anything. I feel bad because I don't really get to do anything for Sehun because he never asks and I never know when he's gonna need me, but I hope that I get to repay him someday.

"Here it is Baek." Sehun

__

new chapterrr :D I'm so scared this book is gonna flop, I've been working on it for a while and there's always that kind of fear when starting a new book...if you're already here, thank you so much!