Chapter 15

<Mikey>

The whole thing with Malia in the hospital was terrible. She didn't even want to come to the party, and she was the one punished for it. Not anyone else. Just her. Well if you really think about it, everyone that loved her is also hurt. Hurt in a less way then her but still hurt. We have to suffer through the fear that she could stop breathing at any second. Right now she's the one actually suffering, but we're here, waiting for something to happen. Every second she's in here, the more everyone worries. She is in a coma or something like that. She might not be able to hear us but she definitely can't talk or respond to anything. She's stiff. Almost like she's just sleeping. Except with IVs and other things I can't remember the name and what it does, stuck into her arms. I just hope she lives. A world without Malia isn't a world I want to live in. Not now, not ever. It'd be to painful. "Everything happens for a reason" people always say. Why'd this happen then? She didn't do anything to deserve this. I think to myself.

Kaylee and Devon are hugging on the couch, Malia's mom is crying into someone's shoulder, and a group of people are standing close by Malia's mom. Everyone has somebody to be with, someone to comfort them. Not me. The person that normally comforts me, is in the ICU. Right now I sit alone, leaning my head against the wall behind me with my feet propped up on the coffee table in front of the chair. I try to hold in my tears but sometimes a few tears roll down my face. I can't control the tears often. I feel a hole being burned in my chest. Like the world is crumbling around me. Like I'm the only one on a stranded island. I feel alone.

Incomplete.

Stranded.

Alone.

Dying on the inside.

The hole in my chest is growing by the minute. Soon it will consume me alive. I will die. Please be ok, Malia. I say to myself again.