ᴏɴᴇ

•

I put the kettle on the stove to boil while I went back to finish my makeup. I had just finished my mascara when I heard my phone go off.

I padded to my bed and picked it up, only to roll my eyes when I saw it was my ex once again. I dropped it back on the plush white comforter, deciding instead to take care of the random items that had been misplaced across my apartment over the long week. It was a task that shouldn't have taken me longer than five minutes, but soon turned into rearranging my decor, and I spent a good twenty five minutes swapping things around. After I was satisfied with the subtle changes, I went on to the task of watering the couple of plants I had scattered throughout the place.

My phone chimed again, and I scoffed to the silence as I walked to retrieve it. I was pleasantly surprised though to find it wasn't who I thought it was, but instead my best friend who I had almost forgotten was coming over.

Taeyongiiieee

I'm here.

I grinned at my best friend's name, replying quickly.

Eunjung

Okay! Just come on up.

I was just taking the kettle off when I heard a knock and ran to open the door.

"Ta da! Your favorite man is here." He smiled cheesily with open arms.

I beamed back at him and hugged his waist. "It's favorite person, but whatever." I corrected him.

"Well you're my favorite girl, so I thought it fit better."

"Ew. Don't make us sound like some sickening couple." I grimaced, retreating from his arms.

I walked back to the kitchen, letting him shut the door and follow me. This was practically his second home, so I knew he would make himself comfortable.

"So how are things? You know, since the whole two days I haven't seen you." He chuckled cutely.

"Well, life continues to be about as enjoyable as salt in the wound. So yeah, pretty peachy." I wiggled my brows as I poured the steaming liquid into my cup.

He rolled his eyes. "You and your extra dramatic ass. How have you really been?"

I smiled jokingly at him, scrunching up my face. "I'm fine actually." I let out a sigh. "Just wish I wasn't such a dumbass so often."

A snort could be heard. "What did you do now?"

I breathed in deeply. "Ah, the comforts of a best friend." I smiled sarcastically.