New Recruit

He smirked at me, looking me over. "I'd say that you are about 16, only dated one boy, and refuse to date anyone else because you're insecure about your appearance," he said, after a moment of looking me over.

Spot on.

He scared me so much. I didn't dare to move.

"If you make any motion," my dad began. The man waved his hand dismissively. "Yea, yea. I'm not here to kill her," he said. "Quite frankly, I'm not here for anything to do with her. I have information for you," he said, turning away from me.

Good. That meant I could stare at him without being seen.

He was hot.

I never wanted to stop looking at him.
Hold on.
Get your head strait, Olivia.
He is most likely your murderer.
That snapped me out of it. I slipped into my dad's office and closed the door.
My dad and the hot assassin were having a conversation, so I slid over to my seat and sat down.
Their voices were hushed. Then my dad's eyes widened. "No! No way! Your title is The Traitor!" he yelled. The guy smirked. "I have a name," he said, pulling out a vile and examining its contents. My father stared at the vile blankly. I was overcome with curiosity. "What is it? Your name, that is," I blurted out. The man looked over at me, smiling his sexy, wait, evil smile. He walked over to me and leaned in close.
My heart stopped. I stopped breathing. He was right in front of my face. He still hadn't stopped smiling. "Logan," he said cockily. Then he stepped back, and my heart started pumping again.
He walked back over to my father's desk, and my dad was still just staring at him.
So much for smooth secret agent.
"So do you agree?" asked, ahem, Logan. My dad stared past him for a moment. "Ask her," he said, to no one in particular. Logan turned to me. "I'm offering to help The Resistance. I have information about the government, and I'm willing to share," he said boldly. I wanted to believe him so bad. But the back of my mind reminded me who he was. "Why should I trust you...?" I asked tentatively. He smirked again. "What bias do I have?" he questioned me. "I don't know, maybe the fact that you are a traitorous assassin?" I asked. His smirk never faltered once. "Why would I want to betray you? I have never sided with the government, and I have no need to get rid of The Resistance. I do have reasons to be rid of the government, hence my working with you," he told me, strolling over and standing next to me.
My heart sped up with him next to me. His argument was compelling. Or was I just saying that because he was near me? Was he taking advantage of me? Both men were looking at me. Was I really expected to make this decision?
"Is this even my dad's department?" I blurted out, trying to gain some time. My father nodded. "I do new recruits and I predict attacks by tracking criminal movements," he said in a monotone pitch.
I thought about it, Logan standing next to me. The words spilled out of my mouth:
"Yes, he can help us."