[3] BAKUGOU

BAKUGOU, SWEETHEART

BAKUGOU, SWEETHEART

bakugou is a kind person

you let yourself watch the scene play out with nonchalant eyes. you are approximately seven floors above the ground and all your attention is focused on the blonde-haired hero with his back turned. he can't see you. you suppose that both of them can't see you and that makes this situation even better.

you want to see.

you ignore how your palms shake around the warm glass of [drink] as you peer down at them. your foot continues tapping against the ground impatiently. you wonder what you look like. do you look as nonchalant as you think you are? do you look angered, contrary to what you think? what do you look like? do you hate this?

a familiar hand reaches out for bakugou's arm and bakugou does not make a move to swat it away. you scowl but click your tongue soon after. are you angry? no, no, of course you're not.

you have seen this play out years ago already and things went differently then. and of course, things will go the same this time around. you know. you know that's how it's going to happen.

"why?" you remember yourself begging, fingers tightly wrapped around bakugou's wrist, eyes wide and pleading for him to look at you. you still remember the snow kissing your bare arms. you had rushed out immediately from your apartment when you finally understood what bakugou had originally planned to do. "i'm here! i—i like you! so please, won't you look at me?"

you remember his eyes looking at you with conflict. bakugou's eyes has always been expressive and you have normally seen them swarm with rage, never with this confusion and debate obviously going on in his head. you had taken advantage of that confusion, wrapping your arms around him pleadingly.

how far has love gotten you?

"i'll never leave you," you whispered to him in a promise, a vow, a proclamation that you never plan on breaking any time soon. bakugou has felt love once, just moments before you had come to sweep him in your arms, and knowing that has failed, you couldn't help yourself. that was just the first love. those kinds of things don't last. unlike this. what you have goes beyond love. "i'll never leave you, so please don't leave me. please?"