Long Time No See ..

Robins POV , NYC . 9:45PM

Every year there's a parade in NYC . Honoring us and i always miss it . I'm just not used to being a common civilian yet . I'm young , 25 , i still have some kick left to me . I covered my ears as the parade came down my street . I live in a NY condo on the top floor . The city pays for our room and board to show respects for our heroic acts as teenagers .

As i got up to slam my window shut , i look down . and i see her . Starfire . Still just as beautiful as ever . My heart stopped . I haven't seen her since we all split up . But she wasn't standing still , she was on the move & i knew that if i didn't get down there fast enough , i'd lose her again & this time , maybe forever. None of us really stay in contact, we all have different views on life and it caused us to split up .

As i threw on my shoes and hat , all that i could remember was how i felt the day starfire moved out of our teen titan tower . The regret . I let her slip away but not this time .

I slid down the fire escape stair rails and jumped down flights at a time , just to end up at a locked door . i could see out the doors window but it wouldn't open . There she was , only a few feet from me . I admired her long pink hair from behind the closed door . I banged on the door , but no one heard me . She began to walk off into the crowd . My heart raced , i knew that if i didn't get out there soon , she'd be gone .

I run back upstairs and catch the elevator. I impatiently tap on the elevator floor with my foot , hoping that i'd catch her in time . Once the elevator stopped i dashed thru the door and into the crowd .
It was freezing . I had forgotten my jacket . It was snowing .

"Starfire ! " i yell out towards her from behind crowds of people .
She turned around & froze.

Looking at her gave me a feeling that i haven't felt in years . And i loved every bit of it . She dropped her head and turned back around . My stomach dropped . "STARFIRE" i yell again , as i ran towards her. But she started running as well , this time through the crowd . I couldn't understand why she was running away from me , but i knew that i couldn't let her slip away from me again .

I follow her threw the sea of people celebrating the christmas parade . She runs out of the crowd and into a coffee shop . I catch up to the shop and watch her from the outside . she can't see me . she talks to a waitress and runs into the restroom . I wonder why she's avoiding me . I walk inside and sit down . I call over the waitress she spoke to and began to order me and starfire a meal . I waited and waited but she never came back out . After 30mins , i began to lose hope . Maybe she found a way out the back & ditched me .

I walk out the front & around the back to call a cab & there she was . Getting into one . I dashed onto the other side of the car and hopped in .

Her eyes widened and she jumped .
"MY CAB IS FULL" yelled the old cab driver .

I quickly went in my pocket and gave him $100.
"Take her home, I'll cover her tab" i said to him .

"Robin what are you doing ?" she asked nervously
"Long Time no see . How are you?" i ask while starting into her green eyes .

"Great" she says while dropping her head .
"Somethings wrong . I can feel it . Talk to me" I said holding her head up with my hand .

"Robin i can't right now" she replied pushing me away .
"Star?" i said as i called her name softly.

I could tell she was so nervous to be around me but yet i could feel that she still has the same mutual feelings that i do.

She starred me in my eyes and then looked back down at my lips . I smiled and grabbed her face .
My emotions got the best of me and I kissed her . Passionately . And she kissed me back . Moments later , she pushed me .

"Robin i can't . It's like your trying to mess with me all over again!!" she said as she opened the car door and walked to her condo . I told the old man to wait for me , as i hopped out to catch her before she found her keys .

"Star please . I need to speak to you" i begged as i grabbed her Arm .

"Robin . I'm sorry . I can't keep waiting for you . I am a real person with real feelings . I can't keep putting my live on hold for-

I kissed her again . Interrupting her thoughts .
"Starfire?" i say while holding her face and looking her in her beautiful green eyes .

"Star. I'm sorry." i said softly

She shook her head away from my hand & walked back into her condo . I stood outside waiting for her to look back or at least turn around once but she never did .

I hop back in the cab & go home .
This cannot end here . I know i fucked up but i just have to see her again .