Shopping

My arms were full of bags, most of them belonged to Riley, but I had made a few purchases along the way. Our last stop was Topshop. We walked through the doors and were met by a cool breeze and a shop assistant greeting us. I headed straight for the nail polish as Riley headed towards the shoes. I had a big collection of their nail polish. As I was searching through the different colours, my eyes flickered around the shop. I could just see Riley looking at a pair of black pumps.

I started heading over to where Riley was standing as I had finished selecting which new colours I wanted. I went with Au Natural, a white nail polish and a their clear nail polish as I was running out. Before I knew it I had crashed into someone. Half my bags had fallen on the floor with most of items falling out of them. "Sorry love" the masculine voice spoke. I didn't get a chance to look at his face before he had knelt down an started putting my things back in the bag. I looked down to see a dark brown, curly haired man to he picking up my stuff. I can't be who I think it is.

Once he finished putting the remainder of my things back in the bag, he stood up. Our eyes met and I could have sworn I almost dropped the other half of my bags. He also had the same expression on his face. He was wearing a plain white top with the sleeves rolled up, black jeans and his famous black Dr Martens. It's feels like I'm in one of those cliché movies.

"Hi" he spoke calmly.

I tried to talk but nothing came out so I just looked like a fish chocking on their own voice. I eventually developed my sense of speech again and said

"Brad, um...er... I'm sorry"

"I'm the one who should be sorry" he cut my off.

How was I supposed to reply to that of course he was the supposed to be apologising.

"Why did you run off ?" he asked.

"I...um... I don't know" I looked down, embarassed.

"Look Brad..." I began to speak.

"No Abbie, I have some explaining to do." I could feel my breathing becoming uneven again as my palms began to sweat.

" I don't know what happened, I did try to call you but the schedule was so packed and I felt guilty every day for it. There are no excuses for what I did and I am reminded of it every time I play Smile on stage because Ab, I wrote that song for you, I was in love with you and I guess when I stopped calling you and you stopped answering I thought you had forgotten about me, I tried hard to stop loving you because I knew you didn't love me back. I'm sorry Ab" he head looked down, his head hung in shame.

"Brad..." I began to speak but was cut off by Riley cutting into our conversation. She had two more bags in her arms, she obviously bought some new shoes.

"Hey, oh.... Hi Brad, what are you doing here?" Riley spoke with a slight concerned look on her face. Actually why was he here?

"Oh, um Con got food poisoning from a take away we had last night so we postponed our performance in Birmingham tonight until tomorrow so I thought I'd have a look round Manchester" he answered awkwardly.

"Oh ok " she said. "Abs we should probably be getting home, I need to stop off at mums"

"Oh... ok... Bye Brad" I spoke sadly as I still wanted to talk to him.

We were about to walk off when he said " Why don't you two come have dinner with the band tonight, we were all planing on going to Nando's across the street" he pointed out the window of the shop to the restaurant across the road. Riley replied with a nod. "See you at seven" Brad waved good bye and left the store.

I gave Riley a stern look. "What?" She asked.

" I didn't want to go. It was bad enough talking to him on my own for two minutes. Now I have to sit next him for an hour"

"You'll be fine, anyway you have a lot of catching up to do" With that said, Riley walked out of he shop, leaving standing there with nervous thoughts about tonight. The boy that I thougt had forgotten about me remembered me. More than that he just said he loved me. But how can I love him when I havent seen him in three years.