Reunited by the hands that pulled us apart (short)

Akira sighed uncomfortably as Sören and Laurens continued to argue passionately in front of him. They were walking through the somewhat quiet streets of Callisto, and normally that would be fine. It should be fine, so long as Akira poked the Garrison border with a six-foot pole. But, the Garrison had little cares for East Callisto, their side of the border. Out of all the borders this was by far the worse. Security was practically non existent, and in the controversial town itself there were hardly ever any Garrison Officers stationed there. See, East Callisto had a reputation, to say the least. Many came here to escape the Garrison, or Fighter's for Justice. It worked both ways. Because the 'stray' Garrison officers liked the freedom here, and for the 'stray' Justice officers, this was probably the only place they could hide from both organisations. So, Akira supposed to most, it just be a haven. But to him? It was a bitter reminder of his past life that had been so cruelly ripped from his hands. He hated it! He wanted to go back to Pandora—, that in itself was surprising!

But, they where on an outfield mission, unfortunately. Laurens had decided this lack of security was a perfect chance for them to do what they where asked. Sören had of course hotheadedly agreed, Tailor carefully agreed after weighing out the options. And unfortunately, Akira had a reputation to uphold as Justice's future leader, so he had just let them stray to the East side. He was really regretting this. He really, really wanted to leave—...

"You okay there?" That was Tailor, walking beside him, regarding Akira very thoughtfully. Sören and Laurens where still arguing in front of him.
"Of course." Akira Replied shoving his hands in his hoodie. They couldn't just walk into Garrison territory in their oppositions uniform now, could they? For as little power as the Garrison had here, that would still be extremely stupid. Even for them.

Tailor hummed, considering Akira's response.

"I don't think so." The statement was simple, a fact.
"I think so." Akira Replied looking away.
"Well, suit yourself, then." Tailor shrugged nonchalantly looking at the surroundings.
Akira shifted still uncomfortable and turned the other way. Everything was silent for a few moments, until Laurens stopped.

"Hey, Akira?" He called over his shoulder. "I, err— don't actually know where we're going."
Of course he doesn't! Of course! Annoying Dog!

"Where are we supposed to be going?" He sighed.
"Weren't we gonna go scope round the small outpost? Just to check it out today— then we can decide the best course of action later...?" Sören asked almost a Little uncertain.
"Yes, we were." Tailor confirmed. "Do you know where it is, Akira?"
Akira hummed. "No, I'm not sure— I-I've been here before."
"Alright, so we'll ask someone then." Laurens concluded.
Akira panicked. "Laurens no—!" But his warning was too late as and Laurens was already walking away. Akira cursed, frustratedly before racing after him. Sören and Tailor watched on, the latter somewhat amused.

"Hey! Hey!" Laurens called waving down a couple of strangers. "Can you help us?" He asked halting in front of them.
On of the two, a tall Tom cat, eyed them suspiciously. The other, a surrian, smiled sweetly. "Of course."
"Can you, err— tell us where the Garrison outpost is?" Laurens asked.
The cat raised an eyebrow, still seeming suspicious of them. Akira tried not to flinch under his harsh emerald eyes.

"Yes. It's just over there," the surrian pointed to the left of them, "nearer the outskirts of town."
"We like to be away from the chaos and the nutters." The cat shrugged blankly.
"Leaf!" The surrian admonished hitting him on the arm.
"It's true." He shrugged unbothered.
His friend sighed exasperated. "Don't worry, Leaf's on vacation. He's just cranky!"
"Sure I'm on vacation." Leaf drew out exaggerated and sarky. "It's not like they just dragged me to another meeting anyway!"
Leaf's buddy chuckled. "You could've turned them down, you know? It's not my fault you're a total workaholic."
Before Leaf could reply, Laurens interrupted chuckling nervously.
"Well, we better get going. Th—thanks for the, err, directions."
"Oh, no problem! The surrian monster smiled before turning away with Leaf. They walked a few paw-steps in the opposite direction before Leaf stopped, turning back to face them.