3.0

please listen to the song above for a better
reading experience. enjoy this chapter !

•••

hana uncomfortably shifted on her designated seat as she watched junho prepare her coffee from afar, growing more and more impatient as every second passed. aside from the fact that she hadn't had dinner, she just honestly wanted to get this whole thing over with and tell him right away.

she stole glances at junho from time to time, and she wished that he'd spare her for adoring him too much at this rate. whenever she looked at him, she prayed she could just trace the shape of his face and his thick eyebrows that furrowed everytime he immersed himself on a specific thing.

after waiting too long for hana's liking, junho finally walked out of the counter carrying her order on a clean tray. he set the tray down on hana's table and looked hana in the eye before muttering, "call me if you need anything."

hana automatically panicked, how dense was junho to think she'd actually finish two americanos and two slices of cake in one go? of course, one was meant for another person. or maybe junho actually knew, but only pretended that he didn't.

"i need company, junho."

junho pursed his lips, a little startled that hana sounded a little pissed when she spoke. junho but nodded anyways, "i'll sit with you, then."

hana pushed the other slice of cake and cup of americano close to junho. her heart was actually about to jump out of her chest but she needed to stay put. she took a sip of her coffee and set it back on the table, but realized that junho had been staring at her.

"how long do you plan to avoid me?"

finally, junho spoke in the silence. he softly eyed hana whose mind totally went autopilot, she definitely did not expect that he had noticed her absence even just for a few days. for a split second this made hana's heart flutter but on the darker side, she didn't know how the hell she was supposed to answer him.

"uh..." she started, she knew she was going to go off topic and irrelevant but it was better than not saying anything at all, "j-junho, about what happened—"

"about the kiss." junho cut her off, "hana, you've been avoiding me because of that? did i do something wrong?"

"no! not at all, it's not like that." i liked it so much, you took very good care of me and i wish i could just kiss you for my entire life. these where the words that hana wanted to relay to him, but she couldn't. her plan was going downwards and it scared her that if she continued to act this way, she wouldn't be able to tell him how she felt.

but honestly, fuck the plan. all she needed to be was honest, and maybe if she told him how she really felt without sugarcoating and all that drama, then he would understand her emotions better.

"it's not about just the kiss, junho," she started, hands trembling as she gathered all the courage left in her to look him in the eye. it was now or never.

"it's about how i couldn't sleep when we kissed. it's about how everytime i see you, everything around me just slows the fuck down, like h-honestly i don't believe in all the stuff i see in netflix but here you are, a living proof. god, my heart feels like it's about to stop beating now and i couldn't do anything about it."

this was not what she had rehearsed the night before or the scene she had in mind when she ran miles to see him. but something in junho's eyes held sparkles as she spoke— something she had failed to notice because she was too busy forming the words out of her mouth.

"i-it's too unbelieveable, there are days i couldn't even make myself smile but you do it too easily. i thought you were attractive okay? that was already a given, but i have no idea how things ended up this way. you... you are suddenly more than what i bargained for..."

at this point, tears were already forming in hana's eyes. she thought maybe she wasn't making any sense to junho right now but something in the way his eyes locked with hana's told her that he was anticipating every words she was going to say.

"it's not about the kiss, junho." she paused.

"maybe it's the fact that i like you so damn much to the point that my heart aches for you, and you make me want to take all the risk of it..."

a brief silence stretched across the whole cafe. junho did not say a word, but it was too surprising how he seemed implausibly rather calm than intimidating.

seeing hana who was a crying mess in front of him made him panic— he had never pictured them like this at all, with hana confessing and crying in front of him— it was wrong in so many levels.

with his gaze still connected to hana's figure sitting across him, he finally decided to break the silence.

"then take the risk."

"h-huh?"

"be my girlfriend, hana."

hana looked up from her sleeves, eyes widening even with the intense redness that took over them from her crying. her entire face was swollen, but she did not know if she had heard junho right— was she hearing things? was she finally legitimately insane?

"honestly, i don't think this is how i'm supposed to do this but you leave me with no choice, so i'm sorry." junho awkwardly rubbed his nape.

but hana sat there, in shock— junho and hana being together would be a blissful vision but honestly at this rate she was starting to think that maybe the words that came out of her mouth drove junho to pity her.

"wait, you don't have to. if this is about the kiss—"

"it's not just about the kiss, hana." junho cut her off, reaching for her hand before squeezing it, and she swore she had never felt more safer than in his hold.

hana felt exquisitely dizzy— junho had tugged the farthest strings of her sanity and emotions like no one else did. this was him: the guy that was most of anything she could ask for. he finally looked at her, their eyes sharing the same sparks as they did when they first met in the same place.

"it's about the fact that i've been dying to confess how much i like you but you unexpectedly beat me to it."

୨୧

i wrote this at 3am and i only woke up now so please spare me sksksks anyways here you go, this chapter was longer than my will to live hng but wow, this
book is really really ending. i love y'all :(

also lol i can clearly tell that many of you repeatedly
read the kiss chapter, like how tf does that thing
have twice the reads of most of the chapters hmmm

stay hydrated and cute — nomnom <3