Forbidden

//This was a request I got on Tumblr. It wasn't sure how to write it or end it. My friend, (@ the-writing-dump-bin on Tumblr) helped to better understand the plot. I hope this turned out okay. First gender neutral story.\\

*Jotaro's P.O.V*

Kakyoin has always been my best friend, well ever since he was no longer controlled by Dio. Y/N, has also been a close friend of mine. To be honest, I've had a crush on them for awhile. Their personality is wonderful and sweet. They are the most beautiful person I've met in a long time. I'd do anything for them to notice my feelings.

I head out the door for school. I walk alone until I meet up with Kakyoin and Y/N in front of their houses. They happen to be neighbors. They live a few blocks away from me. The closer I get, I see Y/N. They look so cute in their school uniform. I blush and pull my hat down.

"Hi JoJo!" They say to me. They jump and hug me.

"Yare yare." I slightly hug back. Trying to hide my ever growing blush on my face.

We walk to school together. Y/N and Kakyoin are talking about some video game. I keep silent, listening to them talk about what they are passionate about is too cute. As we get to school, we all part ways to our separate first periods. All day, Y/N is on my mind. Their smile is so genuine The day passes fast and before I know it, I'm already walking back home. Kakyoin and Y/N stayed late and offered to clean up from the school day. I told them I could wait for them, but they said it'd be too late and that I should head home.

Later in the evening I get and decide to head over to Y/N's house. Hopefully they're awake. I knock on their door but no answer. I head over to their window to knock on it. But before I could, I noticed faint lighting and people moving. I peek inside a small sliver of window that wasn't covered by the curtain. It's Y/N and...Kakyoin. My eyes widen. My heart drops. They're...having sex. They're..together? Why didn't they tell me? I shove my hands into my pockets and head back home. A tear or two escape my eyelids.

The next day walking to school with them is awkward. I keep my hat down and focus on my cigarette. I've been chain smoking all night. We part ways again when we get to school. We meet up at lunch and Y/N invites us over to their house for a movie tonight. Not wanting to seem suspicious, I agree to go.

I head over and knock on their door. They open the door with a bright smile. I couldn't help but smile back. Damn them. I could fall in love with them over and over again. I walk inside and they guide me to their room. My heart sinks again. I can't handle being in here. Knowing what them and Kakyoin did last night. I sit on the floor against the bed frame. Kakyoin comes in with snacks and drinks for everyone. Him and Y/N get seated, trying to not make it obvious that they are together.

An hour and a half into the movie and Kakyoin gets up to go make more popcorn. My feelings start to get the better of me and Star Platinum comes out. I shoot a glare at him. He ignores me and plants a huge kiss on Y/N's lips. Fuck. Y/N eyes grow large and look at me.

"Jotaro?" I sigh and stand up. Splat wraps his arms around them.

"Look, Y/N. I can't handle this anymore. I've loved you for a long time. I know you're with Kakyoin. I..I saw you two having sex last night. I wanted to come by and talk to you. But no one answer the door so I wanted to knock on your window, that's when I saw you two." It feels like my whole world came crashing down when I spoke. Their eyes dropped. I go to walk away when they grab me hand.

"JoJo..I've had similar feelings towards you before. But, you always seemed so cold. I had to let my feelings for you go."

"So, there's no chance now is there?"

"I'm sorry Jotaro. I'm in love with Kakyoin. He has been there for me. I'm sorry you saw us. I wish you would have told me sooner. Maybe there would have been a chance. I hope this doesn't hurt our friendship." I looked down at them. I sigh.

"Yeah.. Don't worry about it. Look, Y/N, I'm gonna head home. I'll see you guys tomorrow." I leave Y/N room and head for the front door.

"Leaving already, Jotaro?" Kakyoin asked, leaving the kitchen.

"Yeah, ya know I'm getting pretty tired. You guys have fun." I continued to walk out the door. I head home and the tears begin to fall all over again. I guess it's time to end my feelings for them. I feel so stupid now. I should have said something a long time ago. I just hope Kakyoin treats them right and makes them happy. That's all I can ask for.