chapter 10: the last challenge ✔️

the last challenge

~~~~~~~~~~

sam's p.o.v:

i knew i was doing was the right thing. madison and wade could take down IOI and take back the oasis. all in time, but for now i just have to go along with whatever IOI tells me to do. "hey, you! those are explosives! IOI will not reimburse you for any lost coin if you zero out." "keep it moving!" "work violation" is all i hear around me. i know they're coming for me but i don't know how much longer i can handle this for.

after about 15 minutes of me following orders i start hearing voices. "arty?" i hesitated for a second. "z?z?!z!" i felt so relieved to hear his voice. "arty, don't say anything. we're tapped directly into your audio feed." i heard madison say.

after a few minutes of wade explaining the plan, i interrupted him by saying, "z, i have something to tell you." but he wouldn't listen until i said "the sixers found the 3rd challenge. it's on planet doom. and there's more. they just put a force field around anorak's castle. i heard one of the guards calling it the Orb of Osuvox and the only way to take it down is from the inside."

i could hear everyone talking in the background of my feed. i'm so happy we have the 4 of us together, well, mostly. after zoning out for a slight second, i was pulled back into reality by madison directing me towards my escape plan.

"alright, so i'm looking at a diagram of your rig. if you reach up with your left hand at 11 o'clock, there's a panel above your head." i felt for it and sure enough i found the panel and kept following madison's instructions.

"alright, grab the lever with your right hand, pull it and that should release you." and the gear instantly unclipped itself. i quickly took off the rest of my gear and instantly thought of a plan. "y'all still there?" i asked. "yeah i'm here. where are you?" wade asked. "where's sorrento's office." hopefully he won't catch onto what i'm trying to do just yet.

"It's in the IOI the war room, two levels above where you are now, but that's not the way out." madison said, slightly confused but she was obviously picking up on my plan. "what's his password?" i questioned. the answer i got wasn't what i wanted. silence.

"wade answer me!!" i practically screamed. "o-okay. it's BO55-man69, but arty you need to go." "you need to raise an army. get to planet doom and wait for my signal." i asserted sternly. "an army? what signal?" wade asked confusedly. "i'm gonna take down that shield." i stated.

"wait, arty wait!!" that's all i heard as i dashed to the nearest group of people in the same uniform as me.

after walking around for a while, i finally found nolan's office. the set up of his rig was something you could only dream about, but now wasn't the time. i started scrolling through screen after screen until i found, after lots of weird files, a file labeled 'Orb of Osuvox'.

as i was reading through the instructions, memorizing the spell that could turn off the force field, wade popped up on the screen.

"citizens of the oasis, i am parzival, first to the key. i'm here talking to all of you now because our future is being threatened by people who will stop at nothing to win this contest. some of you already know this and you've lost much more than just your avatars or weapons. some have lost their freedom. some have lost their lives. and now this. a force field around the third challenge. i only came here to escape the shitty hand that life dealt me, but i stayed, like many of you because i found something my h bigger than myself. i found a cause. i found friends. and, yes, i know it's kinda a groaner but... i found love. and i don't want to loose that to this colossal douchebag, nolan sorrento. he thinks we're all too distracted to even notice. nolan sorrento thinks we won't even put up a fight. the only thing halliday let this guy do was go get him a cup of coffee and now we're supposed to hand him the oasis?! he th-."

i was cut off by nolan and his workers waking into his office so i dove behind a couch. as they were talking i quickly rushed out the door to get to the war room.

i found the nearest rig in the room, hooked myself up and quickly rushed the find the orb. after jogging through a few tunnel ways, i ducked into safety and pulled out my magic 8 ball.

i flew it over to the orb and recited the spell through the ball and the orb instantly shut off and took down the force field, crumbling with it.

"first to the key!!" i heard a male yell in the distance.
"first to the egg!!!" i heard a girl yell. madison and wade!!! i ran into the battle field and made sure to get a high vantage point so i could find everyone.

i instantly spotted wade's delorean. however, he kinda shot the IOI droid i was standing on so i jumped onto his car but accidentally dove through the window head first but hey, at least i found wade and madison.

"arty!!" they both yelled as i squished myself in the same seat as madison. "are you in the war room? you gotta get out of there." wade said in an angry tone but still thankful that i'm okay.

i explained that they're playing adventure and everything seemed to click in their heads. i knew that this was no where near over.

it's only the beginning...

~~~~~~~~~~
a.n// hey guys! i'm sorry it took so long for me to post this. i've been super busy with my senior year starting a my somewhat new job! so obviously the book is almost over and i'm kind of proud about how it's turning out! if y'all keep up the voting, i might come up with some more books! just drop some comments on some books you would like to see and if i know who or what it's about, then i'll do it! don't text and drive and happy gunting!