Part 8 - Oh No... Not Again...

I watched the fight happen. Chara laid motionless for a moment, but she stood back up. Her eyes were black, her mouth was a demented smile...

What was she?

The true battle went on for ages. I tried to see the conclusion, but... I was exhausted...

The shocks had done damage... a lot of it...

Chara looked over at me, and her face turned worried. But she kept fighting. I...

I can't... keep awake...

Hyksos2001 - Milly, while Chara is distracted, try taking back control! As for the skeletons, they aren't your enemies... they're your friends...

I tried standing, but... I couldn't... the shocks had drained me so much...

I saw my soul in the web of black vines...

I tried again...

I fell...

Again...

Fall...

Again!

......

Success...

I shakily walked over to my soul, but... it was too high...

I shuddered, and fell to my knees.

The loud sounds of the battle echoed now, no more than mere background sounds...

I couldn't stand...

I could only fall...

I took a shaky breath, and tried to get up, but my body wouldn't let me. I felt something...

Not anything like the controlled shocks...

It was...

Something that didn't let me give up...

I remembered something...

"A thirteen letter word for the resolve to keep going even in the toughest times..."

"What is it, Sans?"

"Hehe... I'll tell you later..."

"Sans, I feel weird..."

"What's up, Milly?"

"I... I feel like I have to go to Asgore..."

"...!"

"... It's... the thirteen letter word right?..... it's... determination, isn't it?"

Determination...

A word that is the resolve to keep going...

I felt myself rise to my feet. I looked up at my soul, trying to see if I could climb or do anything. Then, my soul just floated towards me!