Chapter 11 || Runaway

A/N: Oops forgot the Title. LOL! BTW the photo is the best comparison of what her uncle looks like. Dunno who that is but its only a comparison. xD
__________________________________

Having Cheri see Fae in better condition, the woman smiled cheerfully, "Aye! Would you like some food, miss?!" The Princess smiles approaching her, "Just a small treat would be lovely. Thank you so much for these clothes, they are wonderfully comfortable." Listening to the girl speak so formally makes Cheri laugh, "Oh goodness, child of course! Now, now. Here is a soup, eat up." The woman places a bowl of a brothy substance which smells of chicken. The savory smell makes Fae's mouth water a little, "Wow, this smells delicious." Cheri smiles pleased with Fae's reaction then continues on her work to let the girl eat.

After enjoying the good food, Fae finds herself mesmerized watching the folks of the town talking with one another cheerfully and seeming without worries. She felt a slight envy within her knowing how much more simple her life would be if she were a commoner. Is that selfish? What if she ran—

She felt a sudden tap on her shoulder making her jump, but she turns around immediately meeting two golden cat-like eyes. Her eyes immediately widen and she recoils like she's about to shriek but he covers her mouth delicately and pulls her against his figure into a hug, "Princess, don't..." Completely caught off guard by this she hesitates to move, "O-obi ..." Her body squirms from his hug and backs away from him slowly.

"Prin-!" Just as he was about to speak she bolts for the stairs and to her room. Since the tavern was so crowded, these actions barely go noticed.

She locks the door behind her as she huffs and leans on the door. She feels terrible about running from Obi but she didn't want to go back.

"Princess... please, talk to me." She yelps grasping Obi was already in her room before she had even locked it. He worriedly stands on the other side of the room beside a window, hoping it gave her enough space to keep her calm. She sees his expression filled with confusion and worry; she sighs.

Seeing her in commoner clothes has made her too beautiful, she stood out more in these clothes than her usual cute dresses. He smiles to himself feeling a massive relief off his chest seeing she appears safe and cared for.

"I'm sorry Obi; I know this must be really confusing for you." She says as her eyes cast down to her feet. She stands from the door and steps closer to him slowly feeling nervous. Her figure shaking as she approached him.

He watches her, seeing her shaken form, and takes a step reaching out to her gently, "Princess..."

She takes his hand and looks up at him with pleading eyes, "Please don't take me back there..." He blinks in surprise by her request and confusion fills his expression even more. "That man who arrived at the castle. He's a scary man. I can't..." she struggles with her words. Obi shakes his head with a wary smile,

"You don't have to say anymore if you can't. I'm not forcing anything on you, Princess." He says warmly making her blink in astonishment. He takes a hold of both of her hands in his, "I followed you because I was concerned, but also because I want you safe." Fae feels her cheeks warm feeling herself unable to look at the ex-assassin any longer. She gulped feeling herself become rather embarrassed of her behavior towards him,

"Oh...I thought you were going to drag me back." He chuckles but then hitches a breath as he leans over and kisses her forehead softly. Her eyes widen as her cheeks flush red, she hesitates but she looks up at him. His golden eyes look at her seriously but with a genuine look in them. She remembers the look from the night of the assassination attempt- the night he called her by her name. She feels her heart flutter seeing such an expression.