Chapter Ten

Could you let go of everything you've known ? 
Every dream you have ever dreamt ?

Every hope you'll be shattering ?

No, I am not ready for any of these things to happen. I am a young soul with such a long life ahead, I can't just let these things go, not now, not ever.
*
*
*

*

None of them said anything for a while and I waited for them to either deny or to confirm what I've said. It was simple, they just had to say a 'yes' or a 'no' but even then they weren't doing it. Why drag the silence/pain when you can just end the misery of someone ? My accusations hung in the air around us, suffocating me while I waited for their answer. Nate, who I believe was not a part of their gang, too looked anxious for their answer, all the others were just pretty much in the same state of cold-expression-ed face.

I wonder if it's an epidemic here or something ? 

As I waited for their answer, the more the clock ticked, the more dread filled me. Along that awful feeling, also came an unpredicted feeling of peace. I was serene with the fact that I was finally going to be free from this place, that I will be able to breath with no fear of dying next minute.

Has this place worked its magic yet ?

Was I finally losing my mind ?

Or, you were already mad ?

"No, no , you are not going to die" The kind lady said to me.

"Why would you even ask such stupid question !" One of the boy's exclaimed. 

His words confused me... I am not going to die ? I got even more confused as I took in the outraged expressions of the people present, most of them at least. 

Is it not what criminals do ? Kill whoever is in their way ?

I mean, I am not necessarily in their way of doing something but you know, I have been causing problems in their gang. I am kinda proud of this actually, the problems.

You won't be for long if you keep the up.                                                                                                            
 Special emphasis on you, won't and long.

"You know what, I think Ella here looks in need of rest, we can have this ... discussion later" My kidnapper with too much enthusiasm for my liking. I know he doesn't want me to know whatever they were going to talk about.

"... or not at all" I hear Nate mutter, everyone does, but nobody bothers to reply, just Jack glaring at him. What's up with him today ?

As everyone scrambles on and about, I keep sitting at the seat on the sofa, I guess everyone has stuff to do, even Jack, who in my opinion is useless. I on the other hand, am clueless about what to do or where to go. I am a captive if my memory is sharp enough. Even Nate has left to tend to something and I am just sitting here as if star-struck with eyes wide open and mouth promptly closed, only thing missing is some crickets in the background. 

"Are you going to just sit there like Patrick or are you going to come ?"

I sharply turned towards The doorway leading to hallway, where my smirking kidnapper stood.

I could have replied but I did not bother to do so and silently stood up to follow him wherever he was planning to go. I, by now, know that it was of no use to be defiant to him, either I move by my own will or he would just do that forcefully, I prefer former one better, Also, mind you, I have not forgotten the Patrick comment.