Chapter 2: cheyenne wyoming

4 more weeks into the relationship:

Derik threw the last of his belongings in the backseat of the truck and we were off. Today there was a rodeo in Cheyenne, Wyoming that Derik would be riding in.
After a few hours of driving we finally made it. Oh how I love the scenery of a rodeo, so many good; kindhearted people in one arena.
6pm:
I went and found a seat in the bleachers, there weren't many left since tonights event was so packed. I ended up sitting next to a random man who had a tan cowboy hat on. I smiled and asked if he minded if I sat next to him. "Of course darlin' " he sweetly responded. Before the rodeo began everyone said a little prayer for all of the riders out there, while praying the men removed their hats from their heads. Soon afterwards the bull riding began.
An hour into the event Derik still hadn't rode yet. The cowboy sitting next to me scooted over and started conversation. "My names Cody by the way." He says. "I'm Cassie" I responded.
He showed a half smile then said "so do you go to rodeos often?" I smiled back and said  "I practically grew up at rodeos" and then went on to explain how I used to barrel race when I was younger but grew out of it as I got older. Cody related, "same here I've been bulldogging and team roping basically my entire life." "Wait you team rope?" I questioned. "yeah why?" He asked. "My brothers team rope still do you know them, Tyler and Wes Kimes?"
Cody shockingly said "no way.." I laughed "oh gosh what?"
"so you're Ty and Wes's sister" he laughed also.
I knew that only Tyler's friends called him Ty.
"Wait you know them?!" I laughed.
"Small world I guess" he responded with a chuckle.
That's crazy I thought.

Beeeppp*

The buzzer sounded causing me to return my attention back to the bull riding. The screen was red and said only 2.2 seconds.
Oh shit i said under my breath. I was so busy talking to Cody I completely missed Deriks ride.
While I was still in my "oh shit" moment, Cody jokenly took my phone from my jean pocket and put his number in my contacts.
I snapped out of it and lightly smacked Cody's muscular chest "give me my phone back!" I laughed. He gave it back as he stood up and said "if you ever need anything just call", he walked down the stairs of the bleachers and headed towards the beer tent to get a drink.
I couldn't stop smiling.
A few minutes later I went around back to find Derik. Obviously he was pissed and moody bull riders are no fun. I tried to cheer him up (knowing damn well that I missed his entire ride😂). He slung his helmet across the room and tore his chaps off. Heyy I said, grabbing his hand and hugging him. This made him laugh and he gave me a kiss even though he was definitely still pissed about his ride.

Soon we were back in the truck, headed back home, and I felt my phone vibrate.

It was Cody.

...

———————————————————
Ahhh hey guyssss! So what do you think Cody texted her lmk in the comments!! Also team Cody or team Derik??? Lmkkkk! Don't forget to vote xx!