Prolog

"Bloom, get over here, she's hatching!" roared leopard, a gold and black RainWing-NightWing hybrid, to the dragon filled forest.

A streak of white, red, orange, and yellow shot through the trees, crashing into leopard. "WHAT!" the dragon roared, getting up and looking at leopard. Her scales were a flurry of lime green and deep violet, meaning that she was worried and prideful. She started to calm down as Leopard got up, her scales starting to turn back to white.

"Bloom, look" Leopard said, walking over to where she was standing on the platform. "Oh my" she gasped as he showed her the egg, their egg. "Your about to be a mother" Leopard smiled at bloom and wrapped his wings around her. He thought about how about a hundred years ago, they would have put their eggs in a nest and forgotten about it. Back then they were lazy fruit eaters, but then Queen Glory came and changed it all. Now they were smarter than they had been and they cared for their eggs.

He wondered if he were a father hundreds of years ago, would he have put his egg in the nest with all the others or would he have hidden his so he and bloom could raise her. Then suddenly, another dragon landed on the platform. Her scales were glossy black with rainbow scales scaterd under her wings and around her torso.

"Queen Mamba" Bloom said, bowing. "My queen" Leopard said, throwing himself into a bow as well. "Get up you two" said Mamba, nudging Bloom with her tail. "You're the queen now Mamba, this is the new normal," said Bloom, getting up. "I know, I know," she said, swishing her tail nervously, her rainbow scales shifting to a very light shade of pink and lime green. "It's just, I've only been queen for a week and I'm still not used to it." she smiled at Bloom then at Leopard. "Mamba, I know that, but you need to start acting like-" Bloom started to say but Mamba cut her off " I know, I know, please don't lecture me right now." Bloom sighed but kept her mouth shut. "Anyway" Leopard said, trying to lighten the mood "why are you here Mamba? Surely it's not just to see Bloom." Mamba smiled and said, "I wouldn't miss my best friends first egg hatching for the world" she smiled at Bloom and all her rainbow scales turned a light shade of rose. "This is cute and all but the egg is hatching right." Leopard, his black scales shifting. "I wonder what she'll look like" Bloom said, her eyes shining "with you being half NightWing and all" she smiled at Leopard and her eyes shone with tears. "Well, I guess we're about to find out," said Mamba as a crunching sound came from the egg and cracks webbed out from the tip. Leopard held his breath as a little blue talon punched it's way out. After about five minutes of waiting the egg crumbled to reveal a little blue dragonet with hints of yellow along her ruff and torso.

"She's beautiful!" cried Bloom, scooping her up and looking at her. "Worrrrbolll" she squeaked, reaching up and touching her mother's claws. "Aww" Mamba said, reaching her claw out to touch her. "Bloom, what should we call her?" Leopard asked, coming over to look at her too. "What about, Shimmer?" suggested Mamba, looking at the dragonets scales shine in the sunlight. "Ya, Shimmer" Bloom said, gazing lovingly at the dragonet. "Well, Mamba, you might want to get back to ruling the tribes." said leopard, swishing his tail. "Yes, I guess I should be getting back..." Mamba sighed. She turned to fly away when something happened.

Bloom gasped, Leopard shot into the air and disappeared into the trees with a shreek and Mamba whirled around to find that the dragonet was flying, but her wings weren't moving, and even if they were, she was way too young to fly. "W-what's happening" Bloom stuttered, reaching for the dragonet but pulled her talons back before she could touch Shimmer. "Where did leopard go!" Mamba roared, wiping her tail across the wood platform and scanning the trees with sharp eyes. "There" Bloom whispered to mamba, flicking her tail at a tree whose trunk had black leopard like spots on it. "Leopard, please come back," said Bloom, looking at the spot. "B-but this m-means" came leopards voice from the tree "that were, that i'm..." his voice drifted off, but his meaning was clear. "That your related to Darkstalker" Mamba finished for him, her scales paling a little. "So what?!" Bloom roared "I know Darkstalker did some bad things, but being related to him doesn't mean your a bad dragon, I mean, one of the dragonets of destiny was related to him, and look what they did"

"True, true..." muttered Mamba, her paled scales turning back to black. "Ok, I guess you have a point" called the tree, and leopard appeared clinging to the trunk. He spread his wings and glided down to the platform. "Shimmer, come here" Bloom called and Shimmer glided down to land in her mother's outstretched talons. "We need to keep this a secret," said Bloom, hugging Shimmer close to her, "if the tribe finds out, she'll never have a normal dragonhood, or any friends except for the ones who want power." Mamba nodded, looked at leopard, and he nodded to. "Then it's settled, this stays between us three" Bloom said and Mamba nodded again. "I really should be going" Mamba said after a minute, and she jumped into the sky and winged away. "Does this change anything?" Leopard said, stepping a little closer to Bloom. "No" she said firmly, "this changes nothing, we will treat her with love and try to hide her magic from others" Bloom whirled around and flew off to there hut in the treetops. 

'I really hope she's right'  leopard thought, jumping into the sky too          'I really hope... '