Tono

"Hey stop!" I don't. "Who are you and where am I?!" I ask in an angry, shaky voice. "You're in Tono. Haven't you been informed?" I unwrap my hair and look down. I guess Nurarihyon didn't tell us how we were going to get here. I form a fist. "That snake," I say with a voice shaking in anger. I start combing my hair with my fingers. "You got some poison?" I ask. The guy just looks at me like I'm crazy. I groan in irritation.

I pull up the ends of my hair. "I soak my barbs in poison every other day," I inform, "So can you give me a bucket of poison?" He sighs. "You're a Harionago right?" "Yep!" "I'll see what I can do." He walks out of the room. 5 seconds later he comes back with a disappointed/agitated look on his face. "Do you not want to know who I am?" "To be honest, no." He sweatdrops and leaves again.

"The Nura Clan's heir lost to a dog! Can you believe that?!"
Laughter follows the comment.

Using all of the power I have, I stand up. It feels much easier walking so I must've been being lazy before. I walk out of the room into a much bigger room to see a bunch of unknown Yokai and my brother on the floor who looks to be in pain. My fear is to change the surroundings of someone so that they think they are somewhere else. They see something they like and start walking towards it, to danger in reality. They also cannot see me which is the perfect opportunity for me to attack.

I was about to use my fear when two Yokai with big heads walk over to me. "Is that the other one?! She looks worse than her brother!" They start laughing and soon enough, the others join in. I go and help my brother up and some other Yokai who looks to be the leader speaks to me. "Get to work with the training," it says. Me and Rikuo are pushed out and to a stream with a bag of clothes. "The leader wants you to wash these clothes and make firewood! Easy enough, right?" The Yokai that dragged us here says and walks away.

"Rikuo, go stand at the top of the hill please. I'll wash and you hang," I tell Rikuo. He obeys and I start washing the clothes. Once I finish washing an article of clothes, I send it up to Rikuo with my hair and continue to wash. A Yokai comes with another bag of clothes and scolds us for not cutting a firewood. It leaves and Rikuo gets this grand idea of leaving, in which I don't approve of. I try to convince him otherwise. "Rikuo if you leave then they'll come after you and may even kill you!" I tell him while chasing him. He ignores me and keeps running.

I follow him and stop at a few feet away from a ravine. "Ah! A bridge!" Rikuo says and continues to run towards the ravine. Confused I shout for him to come back. "Rikuo! There is no bridge!" I'm too late. He falls so I run up, ready to catch him with my hair but bark starts to take form as a net to stop his fall. "You really don't know about Tono, do you?" I look over and standing next to me is the same guy that was supposed to bring me poison!

Rikuo climbs up out of the ravine. "Hey you," he says to the Yokai. "Itaku. I'm a Kamaitachi," Itaku states. He starts to leave, telling us we should go back to washing the clothes. Rikuo doesn't listen and chases after him, which I have to follow him to. Itaku eventually stops so Rikuo and I stop too. There seems to be some sort of battle going on. I cover my ears so I don't hear anything. One of the Yokai on the training ground, a kappa, uses it's fear. Rikuo almost falls so I stable him with my hair.

I take my hands off of my ears and Itaku leads us down to the training ground.

Some of the Yokai leave while others stay to greet us. "Oh! You must be the Yokai Itaku was told to train," a Yokai with pink hair says. "Aw man! You ruined the surprise!" Itaku says annoyed to the Yokai. The kappa over to me. "What type of Yokai are you?" he asks me. I pull up my long hair to show him my barbs. "I'm a Harionago." He takes a step back as if he regret asking. "I need to get to Kyoto as soon as possible! Can we hurry up with this training?" Rikuo says impatiently. "If you want to leave, you must bring out fear," Itaku says. Rikuo accepts the challenge.

I bring the silky sleeves of my furisode up to my face so I don't have to watch the outcome.
Summary? Rikuo was able to bring out his fear but still lost. That was expected.

Everyone else trained with Rikuo while Itaku took me somewhere else. It was a lake poisoned by the poisonous plants around it. I happily let my barbs soak in the water. "So how long have you been a Yokai?" I ask Itaku. "I'm only about a year or two older than you. If you mean if I was ever human, I was born a Yokai," Itaku replies. "Really? I mean, you act so mature so I would expect you to at least a few hundred years old." Itaku chuckles which makes me send a glare at him that shuts him up.

"Hey." Itaku says.
"Yeah?" I reply.
"Have you ever heard of Demon Rings?"
"You mean the rings that symbolise friendship and/or a romantic relationship between two Yokai? Kind of like the human's promise rings."
"Yeah those."
"Why do you ask?"

He holds up his hand to show me that he has a Demon Ring. Interested, I ask who the holder of the second ring is. "Not anyone yet. . ." his voice trails off. "What about one of those friends of yours? Don't you like any of them enough to give one of them the ring?" I ask while standing up. His face starts to turn red. "Y/n, would you mind if I--" "Oh there you guys are!" Reira comes up to us from the trees. "What are you doing near that lake? It's poisonous," Reira says. "I soak my barbs in poison every other day and I needed poison today," I tell Reira. She understands.

"Well, it's almost time to eat. Let's go!" Reira says happily as she heads back into the forest with Itaku and I following closely behind.