Chapter 5

For the next few days, Hanae would follow her daily routine of sitting beside her window sill at 7 a.m. sharp. And for Hoseok, he'd waved to her before going to school.

~

"Hey, Hanae, my parents are having a housewarming party tomorrow at 12 noon." Hoseok texted Hanae.

"Oh, that's great. My parents and I will go over." Hanae replied.

"Haha great! We'll be serving tteokbokki, other local dishes and some pizza too. :) "

"Ok, I'll bring some snacks."

"I'll talk to you later, I've got to clean my room up. Annyeong!"

-Hoseok went offline-

"Ahh I'm so excited!" Hanae thought, "What should I bring to his house tomorrow? Cookies? Cake?" She scrolled through Instagram, trying to check for inspiration. Suddenly, she saw a post which caught her attention.

"The recipe for making the famous lavender ice cream by Busan's most trendy cafe has been exposed! Swipe to see," it stated. The post had thousands of likes and comments, it can't possibly be clickbait, right? And so, she clicked on it and swiped to see the next few posts.

"No way.." she thought. It literally showed all the ingredients needed and instructions to make the lavender ice cream.

"EOMMA!" Hanae shouted before getting onto her wheelchair and got out of her room.

"I found a recipe on making the famous lavender ice cream, can we make it, please?" Hanae asked and pouted childishly.

"Sure, are you making it for Hoseok and his family's housewarming party tomorrow? I can also help you bake some cookies too," Hanae's mother replied, grinning from ear to ear.

"Thank you, eomma!" Hanae exclaimed.

They followed the recipe shown on the Instagram post that Hanae had came across previously.

~

An hour had passed and they were finally done with the lavender ice cream. They placed it into the freezer. Hanae's mother went to watch television while Hanae went into her room and used her phone.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Hoseok. Do you likes plushies? :D " Hanae texted Hoseok and added a cute bunny sticker.

After a few minutes, Hoseok went online.

"Mianhae, I was packing my room and now it's much neater. Yes, I like plushies, why do you ask?" Hoseok replied.

"Hehe, nothing. I was just curious."

~

A few minutes has passed and Hanae's mother told Hanae to go check on the ice cream with her.

"Mianhae, I got to go, see you tomorrow!" Hanae texted Hoseok.

"Annyeong," Hoseok replied and sent a cute sticker of a t-rex waving goodbye.

Hanae got on her wheelchair and went into the kitchen.

"The ice cream seems ready," Hanae's mother said, before placing the tub of ice cream, which was freezing cold, onto the counter top. She then passed a spoon to Hanae before using her own spoon to try the ice cream. Hanae then tried the ice cream too.

"Wow, it tastes kind of similar to the nearby cafe's famous ice cream! Can we make more?" Hanae exclaimed, surprised at the results of the lavender ice cream.

"Sure, I'd love to."

~

2 hours had passed, Hanae and her mother had already made 3 more tubs of lavender ice cream.

"Eomma, I'll make iced honey green tea too," Hanae told her mother. Making the iced honey green tea was simple, so it would not take Hanae too much time to make it.

~

"This looks like what we ate when I first went to the cafe with Hoseok!" Hanae thought excitedly. She was eager to enjoy the things she and her mother had made. "I can't wait for tomorrow's housewarming party!"