TWELVE

August 13, 2018
                                                  Washington D.C,
Same Night

Anaja Raine Barns
                          (Naja .. Tooks)

It was around four in the morning when Xavier woke me up saying he had to go handle business and he'll come back later.

He wouldn't tell me what so I just gave him a kiss telling him to be safe. When I called Mesh she said the boys left too so I'm gonna guess it had something to do with them in the streets now.

Elijah and Tijey always been in the "streets" just not heavy. Like I said Xavier was changing he's now in the streets too I figured it has something with his grandmother getting sick over the last months and his Dad trying to come back in his life.

But I've made him promise he'd finish school. I didn't care if he went to college but it's our last year no reason to drop out now and he understood keeping his promise.

Now since I'm woke and the only one in the house I'm bored as hell and don't have nothing to do.

I was scrolling on my Instagram feed just hearting stuff until I started getting hungry.

I slid on my slippers, taking the wedgy I had out opening my door going downstairs to the kitchen.

We just went grocery shopping but I still didn't know what I wanted.

I seem the waffle batter in the cabinet and decided to make a whole breakfast since I wouldn't be going back to sleep no time soon.

I ran up the stairs grabbing my IHome speaker connecting my phone playing music while I cooked

I was making the bacon on the stove and waffles in the waffle maker at the same time and one of my songs came on while I grabbed the spoon using it as my mic.

"Who knew that my heart could have a bruise you see this scar here on my chest , I'm hurting and he don't even care."  I sung taking out the waffles sitting them on my plate.

I grabbed the syrup out the fridge taking off the top and putting it in the microwave.

Once my bacon was done I cleaned the pot grabbing the butter putting it all over the pan grabbing two eggs cracking them. Then ripping cheese spreading into on to the eggs, then putting salt and pepper on them.

I put the eggs in my plate with everything else then pour the syrup over everything grabbing some orange juice and a water stopping the music sitting down.

It was around five thirty now and I was smashing until I seen the front door creak open and moma slowly walking in.

She held her heels in one hand holding her head

"Mhm, where you coming from?" I asked making her stop and look up. Once she seen it was me she waved me off and started back walking into the kitchen grabbing a piece of bacon

"Out with yo daddy." She said grabbing some more bacon walking towards her room

"Y'all trynna get back?" She shrugged. "We just might but we're grown so mind your business youngin." She said walking in her room as I rolled my eyes cleaning up

I grabbed my phone walking back in my room turning off the light laying down turning on Netflix.

Xavier Halloway

"Stop all this shit now!" My moma yelled like it was six some in the morning and granny wasn't sleep