Prologue Ep.1

Welcome to my new story
I'll try my best to make this story a more interesting one.
Please look forward to it and support it.
💜💜💜
Let's get started....
🤗🤗

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

The colour of the sun was stolen by the darker shades of peach blue brought by the twilight giving the first star to peep over the night sky. The December snow covering the streets was adding more chill to the twilight breeze. Christmas Trees being ornamented with bulbs and colorful garlands with couples dancing under the mistletoe emitting loving and caring smiles on their faces. Shops and houses decorated with colorful lights and flowers. The whole city looked wonderful.

But in one corner of the city, one heart was still calling its other half, craving for the needed love and care on that beautiful night.
Every single person in the city owned the biggest smiles on their faces but only the tears that kept streaming down her cheeks could accompanied her.

3 hours before:

"Honey, I'm really sorry. I didn't get any gifts for you, I was in hurry. You can get mad at me, I will understand."

"I don't want to get mad at you today. I'm just sad because my husband can't even spend the Anniversary day with me this year too. I don't care if you're gonna get gifts for me or not. I just wanted to spend the day with you. I know you love your work but can't you just give me at least a day to spend with you, at least today? You can't even---"

She was cut off by a ringtone from her husband's pocket.
He hesitatingly took out the phone and got up from the bed where his wife was sitting with tears filled eyes.

"You're going again right?"
She said with a blank expression already knowing her husband's answer. She sighed when her husband nodded.

She was pregnant with her first child after their 3 years of marriage. She thought she won't be able to become a mother but finally after consulting every doctors in their whole country with her numerous prayings, she's in her 9th month of pregnancy.
Her husband is a scientist and is working on his new experiment with his team worker and hardly have time for his wife for the past 2 years.

It was their Anniversary day. The day when he kneeled in front of her on the Christmas eve and asked for her hand for him to hold his whole life.
But he didn't even give her a moment to spend with him. But it doesn't mean that his love for her faded away but he still feel the regret for not giving her the love she needed. He knew she needed him, his love, his care, but he just couldn't fulfill them all because of his work.

He slowly put his hand on her tummy over where their baby might feel his warmth and kissed her forehead.
"I'm really sorry honey. But I love you both so much. I'll come back soon so please take care. Merry Christmas my love."
That was the last word he gave her before leaving her in the cold room.

She was sitting by the window looking out at the bright colorful city lights sparkling the white snow covering the street, still waiting for her husband to come back. She wrapped herself between her arms shrugging her shoulders a bit up rubbing the sides of her arms missing the warmth of her husband's hug.

She slowly walked down the stairs towards the kitchen to drink something since her throat became dried after crying over the gifts she prepared for her husband.
And there, she found one small bag on the dining table. A slight smile curled up in the corner of her lips as she opened the box. There was a small red box inside with a note over it.

"Dear, I'm really sorry for not being able to spend our day together. But please know that I love you so much more than anything else in this whole world. Hope you'll like the gift, I wanted to give it to you as a surprise. And I kept some sweets in the refrigerator for you. Please take care. Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas. Love you."