15. Our Harmony

"We have all gathered here today, to celebrate the life of our beloved, Grace Anderson."

Three weeks after the accident, and there I was, at the cemetery, standing behind the coffin that was soon to be buried up.

I completely blocked out what the pastor was saying as I stared at the picture above the coffin.

Even then I still couldn't accept the fact that Gracie was gone. I was taken out my stupor when someone called me. I turned to my right to see Mrs. Anderson looking at me with a small smile.

"Time for your speech." I grabbed my guitar case from the floor and was about to go up front when she stopped me.

"I didn't know you that well, but I do know that Grace really loved you. Thank you for being there for my little girl." She started sobbing and my heart broke all over again.

I went in for a hug and just held her as she cried into my shirt.

"One thing I can tell you Mrs. Anderson is that I loved your daughter very much. And I always will."

She pulled away slowly and held my unoccupied hand in hers. No words were shared between us as we both understood what the other was feeling.

I gave her a nod then went to stand in front of the small crowd.

I took in a deep breath as everyone looked up at me, waiting for what I was going to say.

"I only knew Grace Anderson for 4 months. Some may say that that's a very short time for two people to fall in love. That maybe we weren't in love and we just believed we were. But, I can assure you that, I really did love Grace.

"From the moment I had laid eyes on her, I knew that there was something, I'm not sure what it was, but there was just something special about her. From the first touch, I-I felt like she was made for me. I don't believe in love at first sight but, I don't know, maybe that's what it was for Gracie and I.

"Anyone who knew Gracie knew that she was one of the sweetest persons. She was the type of person to help around, and always trying to make people happier.

And she succeeded in that one. Grace definitely made me happier. She brought light into my life. She-she uh-" I sniffed in as I felt my self getting emotional.

"Uh sorry. I'm not good with words. I uh- I wrote this song for Grace, sorta as Christmas present and I wanted to play it today in honour of her.

So Grace, if maybe, you're somehow listening to this, and even though we're three thousand miles away, I just want you to know that I will always love you. So instead of saying dear no one, this is your love song, I'm saying going to say
dear Grace, this is our harmony."

~The End~

So. I bet none of you were expecting that. Yes I may seem like a horrible person right now but this is how I wanted the book to be.

I wanted to portray that even though sometimes everything in your life is sunshine and rainbows, you never know when that can be ripped away from you.

I also wanted to show that not every book has a happy ending. That in reality, things like that actually happen.

So a big thank you to everyone who read this book. I appreciate everyone one of you. This is the end, until next time.

Side notes: I'm just a 16 year old girl who was trying something out so I know this is not a very good book but as I grow and learn I will be editing this book and trying to make it better.

(No song reference for this chapter.)

Any questions you want to ask, ask them here.