01| lee felix

~~~

lee felix never liked to be alone; silence always made him think to much.

so whenever it got too quiet around him he would call bangchan, his very best friend. and they would talk nonsense until dawn arrived and both would fall asleep to get at least a little bit of rest before school started.

lately that happened quiet often and so it did the night before. the boys had talked until four in the morning when they finally decided to call it a night.

after what felt like only ten minutes, felix' alarm began to ring loudly and made the brown-haired boy groan into his sheets.

he was slowly slipping out of consciousness again, when his mother stormed into the room like a living hurricane, turned off his still ringing alarm and began shaking her son as if she was trying to perform an exorcism on him.
"wake up you lil punk, don't wanna be late for school, do you?", the bright woman said loudly; felix groaned again while trying to make her stop shaking the living hell out of his body.

"five more minutes mom, please.", he mumbled after yawning widely. "no way, you'll fall asleep again and you know I can't drive you today. you'll have to take the bus.", she said with a sweet voice.

"did you and chan talk all night again?"; knowing her son well enough, she didn't even need an answer. "you're both stupid. you knew you'd have to go to school today. what was so important that it couldn't wait until morning?", she laughed, which got yet another annoyed groan out of her sons mouth.

"i'll be back in ten minutes. if you're not at least on your feet, i'm gonna whoop your ass, understood?", the middle-aged woman said with an evil smile; the only response she got was some mumbled nonsense and a look out of half open eyes before she left the room.

finally standing up, the boy sighed and rubbed his eyes awake as he shuffled towards the bathroom. his puffy-eyed, messy-haired reflection in the mirror made him sigh and mumble a tired "oh jeez".

after washing his face and brushing his teeth he looked at his still messy, chocolate brown hair. since he could remember, he always had stubborn hair, so by now he'd just gotten used to the kinda wild look.

a different feature he actually sorta liked on himself was the hundreds of freckles on his cheeks, his neck and even his shoulders. they kind of gave him a bold impression.

a loud knock on the bathroom door made him jump. couldn't his mom be more gentle? "are you still alive or did you fall asleep on the toilet again?", he heard her ironic voice through the thick wood. the fact that that had actually happened not too long ago made it so much easier for her to tease him.

the freckled boy sighed deeply and made his way to the door to unlock it. "i'm almost done, just have to get dressed.", he said while walking past her to his room.

"i have to leave honey. my shift at the hospital starts in fifteen minutes and only the driving takes ten, so I have to hurry. i should be home at around five. leftover rice and chicken is in the fridge. i love you kiddo.", his mom said from the other end of the corridor.

"thanks mom, love you too."; the last thing he heard was the slamming sound of their front door and the starting engine of the car.
felix sighed exhausted. he would have to hurry too since he  - as his mother just said -  would be taking the bus.

most of the time he could ask minho to give him a ride. he was one of felixes closest friends and just recently got his drivers license. he'd then bought an old, deep red cadillac with his allowance money he'd been saving practically since pre-school.

but today his hyung had a free period, so felix had no other option than taking the bus. even the simple thought of it brought his already crappy mood even further down.

way too loud elementary schoolers, smelly and unfriendly old people and uncomfortable seats. what could be worse on a monday morning?

with those depressing thoughts lingering in the back of his mind he changed into his grey school uniform; packing more comfortable clothes for after school.

looking at the clock he noticed that he had about ten minutes left before his only means of transport would be gone; after throwing everything he needed inside his backpack, he went into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water, an apple and some money his mom left on the kitchen counter so her son could buy lunch at school. he wouldn't, but it was the thought that counted.

on his way to the bus station the freckled boy put on headphones and turned on some hiphop tracks. half dancing, half walking he reached the bus stop; his bus was supposed to arrive in about a minute. while still jamming to the music in his ears, a sudden notification sound caught his attention.

bang-crispy-chan:
oi felix, where R U mate?

freckles-lixi:
takin' the bus mate :/

bang-crispy-chan:
my condolences man. ://
we're waiting outside. see ya :)

freckles-lixi:
thanks hyung xD
see ya soon :))

smiling, he turned off the screen. felix' friends were the best. there were six of them. well, he had more than those six friends but these crazy kids were, next to his mom of course, his favorite people on the whole wide world and he would do anything for them.

nothing in the world was more important to felix than his mother and his friends and nothing could ever change that.

when the bus halted at his school, felix grabbed his backpack and left the vehicle. even from afar it was impossible to overlook the stupid kiddos he called his best friends.

some of them were just chilling on benches or the ground, some where standing and talking and some of them were cuddling and just acting way too cute with each other; while in the background day6 songs were playing, making it quite obvious who was connected to the bluetooth box.

soon felix got noticed by the one and only christopher bang who didn't hesitate running toward felix and pulling him into a tight hug as if they hadn't talked to each other just a couple hours ago.

with chan's arm lazily thrown over his shoulder they made their way over to the other boys, receiving a bunch of more or less tired versions of "morning lixie".

only a few minutes had passed - felix had just made himself comfortable on a seat next to hyunjin, when the bell rang. a deep sigh escaped the boy's mouth; he didn't think he could listen to even a single word the teachers would be saying.

he exchanged a deeply unmotivated look with chan, whose exhaustion was just as evident.

"come on mate, it's our own fault", chan said and pulled him up by the hands before they started walking toward the big, newly renovated building complex.

~~~

1216 words
finished: august 29, 2019
updated: april 19, 2022