six; jealousy

"This is it guys. Today's Tuesday which means, 3 more days until holiday if we count out Saturday and Sunday," Xing says before dramatically gasping. "Wait a minute! We have that 10 days summer camp trip! Why do they even need to count the attendance for that? They're literally forcing us to come! Don't worry, we can do this."

Hyuck flicks her forehead and she hisses, holding her precious head.

"We're not going for field training," he comments, chuckling.

The group sit at their usual spot in the cafeteria, minding their own business. Joking and messing around.

Everything is fine. Everything is merry. That is, until a certain someone comes.

"Mei Lien," Junho, a classmate of Lien, Jaemin and Donghyuck, approaches their table. Specifically, Mei Lien.

All eyes at the table turn to him and he feels pressured. "U-uh, can I meet with you later? For a bit? After school, I mean."

Mei Lien turns to her sisters, telepathically asking if she should or not and the other two have the same answer in mind. Why not?

"Sure," Lien simply replies and Junho smiles.

"Thanks, Mei Lien. Uh, meet me at the garden later, alone and here, I bought you a drink," he passes a carton of peach juice to Mei Lien before flashing his charming, winning smile and walking away.

She stares at the drink, reading the peach coloured words printed on it when she feels intense gazes coming from all direction.

Her head lifts and she sees her friends staring at her, a variety of reactions displayed. Her sisters, on the other hand, are simply, teasing.

"Oooh~ Would you look at that? A cute guy gave my sister peach juice and asked to meet up. I wonder why? HmMmMMmmM?" Mei Xing teases.

Mei Lien widens her eyes, suddenly feeling a bit frantic. "What? He probably, just wants to ask about homework or something."

Jisung raises his eyebrows. "Really? Asking about homework, at the school's garden, after school hours?" He snickers. "Very believable."

"Hey! Who taught you to be rude?" Mei Lien retorts.

The lad looks back down at his tray. "Donghyuck hyung."

Hyuck high-fives with Jisung. "Very good. I've taught you well pupil."

The group laugh at this while Lien start to get teased and she argues with them.

However, a certain someone can't seem to put on a smile on his face. In fact, he can't even hear any of his friends silly conversations as his eyes glare daggers onto Junho.

"Jaemin! Help me on this!"

At Lien's desperate call, he snaps back to reality and his angelic, princely expression is put on again.

He smiles charmingly, as usual. "Yeah?"

Lien puts her lips into a thin line. "They won't stop teasing!"

Jaemin chuckles and snatches the peach juice from Mei Lien's hand, making her jolt.

"ThAt'S mInE, JaEMIn!" She hisses and tries to take the juice back but, fails (miserably), because Nana's swift and taller.

He grins. "Well, it's mine now!" He sticks out his tongue and Mei Lien gasps before sitting back down with a huff.

When the rest are back to chatting again, he focuses his gaze at the carton of sweet beverage. His mind is set on what he's about to do.

-

"Thank goodness, you came. I thought, you wouldn't," Junho says in relief, a warm smile on his face.

Mei Lien reciprocates his smile. "I keep my words. Anyways, why'd you want to meet?"

Junho scratches the back of his neck. "About that. Um, actually, one of my friends, Wonryul, wanted to ask for Mei Xing's number but, is afraid to so, I wanted to ask it from you."

"Ohhh, why'd you ask from me and not her?" Mei Lien chuckles softly.

Junho fiddles with his fingers nervously. "Because, well, I was wondering if you could give me yours as well."

His statement shocks Lien and she suddenly, feels like turning into goo.

"Oh, uh, sure," she mumbles.

They exchange numbers but, Lien decides to keep Xing's number unspoken until, Xing gives her the green light.

"Bye, see you tomorrow!" Junho accidentally, exclaims, displaying his joy and Lien giggles at his adorableness before bidding goodbye as well.

Little do they know, Jaemin has been watching them from the rooftop of the opposite block and has been successful with reading their lips.

Jaemin's glare tightens as it follows the retreating figure of Junho.

"Seems like you have something to do. Their conversation seemed to be well," Renjun, who is accompanying him, comments, staring at the retreating Lien.

Nana stays quiet and only stares at the peach juice carton in his grasp as his blood boils more and more.

POP!

The turgid carton explodes in his hand and juice splashes all over his uniform. Renjun simply smirks at his outraged state.

This is gonna be fun, the older one thinks and continues to play with his phone.

-

SLAM!

Jaemin barges into Jeno's room, not shocking the latter at all since it's predictable considering what happened at lunch earlier.

"So? Anything new?" Jeno asks, immersed in his video game in his phone.

Jaemin grunts, pacing back and forth in the room before finally losing it and hurls his backpack ferociously, making it hit the wall with a loud, thump!

"That jerk asked for Mei Lien's number. My Mei Lien's number. It's, it's annoying! That scum!" Jaemin roars, seeing red.

Jeno scoffs. "Oh, really? Then, what are you gonna do about it?"

Jaemin halts and turns to Jeno. "What else? Ah, and he even asked for Mei Xing's number because his friend, Wonryul, wants it. Don't you hate it that others are trying to snatch them from our grasps?"

"Is that so? Why are you telling me this?" Jeno questions, his brow raising and he looks at the younger one.

The latter shrugs, expression still sour and his hands tightly clenched that his knuckles turn white.

Jeno, with his eyes glued back on his phone, walks to shut his door after Jaemin's exit before flopping onto his bed for a comfy gaming position.