35- The End

There comes a time in one's life where they close a chapter that they never knew existed; one that's exciting, cheerful, full of surprises— but also painful, dull and confusing. One that takes days, weeks, months and years altogether to complete. Life is often a cliffhanger— where our futures have so many possibilities within that chapter that you're left on three different edges, wondering which one you'll leap from.

But despite all of these decisions, these unspoken words and regrets, there is a time when everything is beautiful.

Like the way that he looks at me when I'm waking up from my sleep, with the pancakes he just made me. The way that the aroma fills the air so thick that I could believe that I'm in pancake-land; an alternate universe within my dreams. Even if they're slightly rubbery, and I've only gotten five hours of sleep. Or the way that he touches me so delicately when his hands make their way to me, and his morning voice plays a soft melody in my ear that sings the words "wake up, beautiful."
Even when it's not all about him, and I'm staring at the city lights that only occupy my sight, while he lingers in my mind. His hands are in my wild hair and his chest is pressed to my bare back, and nothing could be better than that.

"You're making this so easy." I accused him suddenly, hardly being able to contain my smile. I felt his hands slip out of my hair and on my chin, guiding my eyes to meet his. They were soft; the blues that I've grown to know very well. "What do you mean, love?" Louis asked curiously, caressing my face.
It was a complicated feeling. Everything was so beautiful, but there was that one nagging thought that kept me from being totally sane.
"I keep feeling that something should go wrong." I admitted, feeling slightly ashamed for confessing my fears. Louis thought this was funny. His eyes fluttered as he laughed delicately in response. "That's my fault, huh?" Louis grinned, tilting his head curiously. "It's too bad I couldn't stir some shit to make it more interesting." He joked.
I couldn't help myself from laughing at his comment. I'm constantly being reminded why I married him in the first place.

The last week was spent in a romance-induced haze— it was a forcefield that surrounded us, protecting us from any misfortune that crossed our path. It was a blessing but it made me paranoid, but when am I not paranoid? I've learned to live with it. Louis was a good distraction. Especially when he'd lay beside me in his honeymoon attire... or lack there-of.
The only thing that truly seemed to catch my eye every day other than him was the new ring on my finger, the new promise that we shared together.

But that was only a dream, and the worst was yet to come.