Autumn's POV

Chilly air flows through my bedroom window and underneath my blanket giving me goosebumps. I groan and stretch my legs and arms while I inch my way out of bed.

I walk downstairs and grab my cereal from the cabinet only to find to completely empty. I growl loudly and storm up the stairs and swing the door open to my brother's rooms.

I grab a dirty cereal bowl from their bookcase and the spoon and bang it loudly.

"Ow! Come on Auty, you know my hearing is sensitive!"

"What the heck man!"

I set the dirty bowl back when they both are completely awake and groaning.

"Clean up your dishes, this is nasty! Future alphas, remember?"

I run to my bedroom and grab my duffle bag with my outfit and shoes and head out. I shift mid-leap and run through a forest path towards the pack's town.

When I finally reach it I jump into the stalls right out the gate into town. I get dressed into a pair of high waisted skinny jeans with a black tank top over it.

I slip on a pair of black vans and jog to the gate. The two guardsmen nod in respect to me as I pass them. I get five feet into the gate before I run directly into someone.

"Ow."

My best friend, Alex rolls his eyes with a fond smile. "You know, having your head on your shoulders, rather than in the sky helps with not running into people."

"Yeah, yeah. For you information, I was paying attention!"

"Sure. Anyways your brothers told me to send you straight to them. They are getting ready to go on patrol."

I nod and head towards the gate again. I wave to my brothers before tackling them in a hug. "David please remember to not get distracted again." He turns bright red and looks away.

"Daniel, please don't forget to let Dad lead."

He nods and gives me a hug. "See ya."

I grin before he running off to join the rest of the guys. Suddenly, my heart drops and I get a sinking feeling in my stomach.

"Something's not right."

Alex pats my shoulder and tugs me away. "Sometimes I think you forget that you are the youngest."

I give him a playful shove before running off to go hang out with my friends.

After a couple hours of chores and hanging out with friends, I hear the gate creak open. I drop the basket I'm holding and run over to David and just barely catch him. His body is covered in blood and dirt. My hands shake uncontrollably as I frantically scream for the healer to come.

Alex runs over just as a huge towers in the entrance of the town. I get overwhelmed with the overpowering smell of pine and cinnamon.

I hold David's head in my hands as tears roll down my cheeks. "Wake up, please!"

Just as I turn around, Alex yells, "Autumn, ROGUE!" I gasp and try to run away just as it digs its claws into my legs dragging me out on the town while I screamed in agony.

Once I got out of the gate I felt the claws retract as I let out another agonizing scream. I claw at the forest floor trying to push myself away from the rogue and to safety when I get scooped up into warm and welcoming arms. My vision blurrs as I feel his chest vibrate as he growls out, "MINE."

I let out a weak growl as I fade into unconsciousness.

When I wake up I hear some rustling around me as I groan in pain. My ankle throbs painfully. I reach down to find the source of pain. I grab a cold metal cuff that's around my ankle when it feels burning hot.

I let out a scream of pain and sit up straight shaking violently as I hold my burned hand. A tall and very familiar man sits down next to me and grabs my burned hand and softly asks, "Please relax. Uncurl your fingers or I won't be able to wrap it."

Tears roll down my cheeks as I uncurl my fingers and let him see my burned palm.

He stares into my eyes, and tucks dark brown hair behind my ear before wiping my tears. Tingles delicately dance on where his hands were as he gently wraps my hand with bandages.

He chuckles darkly and says, "Those trackers of yours sure are strong." I nod in confusion as he slips off his shirt and points to a large bite mark on his shoulder.

"I can't believe your pack has two, no three future alphas!"

I clear my throat and wince in pain as I move my ankle. "Why am I chained up?" Suddenly the atmosphere darkened.

"You can't escape." The pieces of this memory puzzles start to connect just barely.

"Why?"

He sighs and looks up at my shaken form. "If you didn't realize this before, you are my mate. Which means that I need you with me, to keep you safe."

I growl sharply and glare at him. "Excuse you, I am more than able to be safe!"

He snaps his fingers and points at my face as scowls harshly. "There it is. The alpha in you."

I gasp, shocked as he grabs my waist and pulled me towards him. "I have a lot more enemies than you do, little alpha."

I rip my hand out of his hold ignoring the tingles that tempted me. I tell him with a growl erupted from my throat. "This isn't what mates do. Let. Me. Go."

"I'll make you a deal. You can do deals right little alpha?"

I nod and cross my arms across my chest.

He smirks and answers, "Great. My deal is that I will uncuff you, ONLY if you promise to stay by my side the whole day. If you deny this deal I will leave you here. If you try to escape during this deal I will make your pack burn to the ground."

I pause and consider what to do before responds stiffly.

"Fine."