Autumn's POV

He carefully removed the cuff and helped me up as I lost my balance because I was light headed. I grabbed onto his arm for stability as best as I could. I grip his t-shirt the best I can as I finally feel my head clear once the silver stops making my head pound. I sigh and stand up straight rolling my shoulders back into a confident stance. I limp past him and open the door. I take in the smell of the forest. It seems closer to the mountains from the scent alone. 

He gently ushers me forward to a street. It had the format of a campsite with a twisting path with little homes in their own space. The forest seemed to be the barriers and walls between homes. He seems to now what I am thinking and explains, "this used to be a campsite. My brother's family fixed it up and made it into a pack territory. I've bought the forest as our territory."

I nod and we walk down the path when a man comes up to him and hugs him. He smiles at him and says, "Thank you Alpha Elijah. Your carpenters and builders fixed my house right up. This is the first time someone helped me in a very long time since well..James." Another guy which I assume is James, takes his hand and grins. 

I let out an "aww" making the couple realize I'm there. James looks at me and says, "Aren't you cute. Are you his mate?"

Elijah nods and looks at me as I go quiet. James nods with realization as Elijah politely says farewell and we continue walking. Finally we reach the pack house and he ascorts me to his office. I sit down in a seat in the corner and sit comfortably while he does his work. 

I wake up to shouts from the hallway. Elijah glances at me before he stands up. I get up as well but he sends me a firm look. I send him a "fuck that" expression and grab a pocket knife from my pocket. He looks at me with confusion until he realizes the pocket knife he took from me and kept in his pocket was missing. I smirk and slowly approach the door. 

The door bursts open and I lunge forward only to stop with shock. I hug Daniel as he winces in pain. I let go and as he explains, "I just got here to kick this asshole's ass. He kept me in a cell all this time."

He glares at Elijah as he protectively puts his arm around my shoulder. "Did you kidnap my sister too? If you touched her I will kill you." I glare harshly at Elijah. "Is that why you wanted me to follow you around all day? Is that why you almost killed David? Is that why you kept my brother from me?"

Daniel growls out some curses as I yell, "don't come back to find me!" I help him walk out of the pack house. I stumble on a rock and land on the pavement popping my stitches on my calf where Elijah dug his claws into my leg. Daniel cries out in pain as he struggles to get up. I let out a frustrated groan and try to lift him. 

"Hold on, I can get you up I just need to-" I flinch as I hear the booming sound of a fierce growl. Elijah strolls in front of me and crouches down to my level. "You won't get far. You're bleeding so its going to leave a trail. Plus, your brother here will probably pass out soon. You can't carry him all the way back to your pack." 

I bite my lip as I assess my options. Either stay here and beg him to take Daniel back, or struggle us both home. Neither are great options. Standing up, I look at Elijah sternly and say, "I will cooperate ONLY if you take Daniel and I home. Then, I can show you MY pack. " Elijah chuckles and stands up. "Do you really think I would do that? Aren't you scared I am going to assess your pack's strengths and weaknesses for an attack?" 

"You took a risk bringing me here. You should know I found 12 weak spots in your defenses along with multiple ways for my pack to overthrow yours in about, I don't know, 15 minutes or less?"

His gaze turns cold. "Do you really want to play this dangerous game?" I glare at him in silence. He huffs and crosses his arms. "Fine." 

He bends down and easily picks up Daniel. Daniel gasps in pain as he is getting handled. Elijah's eyes glaze over and a couple minutes later a car pulls up and stops in front of us. He sets Daniel down in the back seat and switches spots with the driver. I plop myself into the passenger seat.