Chapter 2

I woke up to a gentle thump and realized that I'm in a car. I sit up and headbutt something.

     "Ouch," I groan.

     A familiar redhead twists around from the driver's seat. "Morning Ivy," says Natasha.

     "Mmph," I mumbled and then stretched.

     A few of my joints popped and cracked and then I slouched against my seat.

     Natasha handed me an apple and I bit into it eagerly, the tart, sweet taste flooding my mouth.

     "What happened?" I asked.

     "You were having a flashback," said  Natasha, "We had to sedate you so you wouldn't become too hysterical."

     "Oh," I muttered, "Sorry."

     "Ivy it's fine," said Natasha reassuringly and she looked at me.

     The car stopped and then she stepped out.

     I opened the car door to follow her and she smiled and offered me her hand. I took it and started walking. Natasha had brought me to a cemetery. Weeee...fun...

     A little while away, I saw Steve, Sam and another guy talking.

     The guy shook hands with him and then walked away.

     "You should be honored. That's about as close as he can get to saying thank you," said Natasha as we walked towards Steve and Sam.

     Steve's face seemed to light up when he saw me, which was kind of weird. It made me feel happy, knowing that someone was happy to see me. He walked towards us.

     "You're not going with him?" he said.

     "No," smiled Natasha, shaking her head.
     "Not staying here," guessed Steve.

     "I blew all my covers, I gotta figure out a new one," said Natasha.

     "That might take a while," said Steve.

     "I'm counting on it," said Natasha, "And I'm counting on you to make sure that when I see Ivy she'll be in one piece."

     Steve chuckled and nodded.

     "You're going away?" I ask.

     "Just for a short while," Natasha reassured me, "Steve will be taking care of you along with the rest of the Avengers, wherever the hell they might be."

     "Nat," said Steve warningly.

     Natasha waved him off. "It's fine," she said, "Apparently Ivy can swear in at least five different languages."

     I didn't really understand what swear meant but I think it means promise. Steve looked at me with wide eyes and I gave him a large smile.

     Natasha started laughing.

     "What?" I asked. I felt confused. I mean, I can promise people stuff in at least five different languages! How cool is that?

     Natasha handed Steve a file. "That thing you asked for," she said, "I called in a few favours from Kiev."

     Steve stared down at the folder.

     "Will you do me a favour?" said Natasha, "Call that nurse."

     "She's not a nurse," smiled Steve, looking at Natasha.

     I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.