1 || green lights

October 26 , 2002

" she will be okay " Mona assures her " Are you sure she will be okay ? " Emily ask . " yes of course she is ! the news people are just trying to get attention from her ! nothing to worry about ! " Mona leaves Emily a grin and walks away . " so much for 50 bucks ! " she mummered to herself . Over head was a green light shininng on Ian Tom . Emily thought he looked so beatiful under the spotlight , she would stare at him forever if she could , but Melissa would always get in her way , but not any more . A devilish grin spreaded across her face . " Hi Emily " Ian mummered . " Hi " Emily smiles . " Are you okay ? " Ian ask looking blue . " Of course ! why wouldnt i be okay ? " Ian gives Emily the stink eye . " your sister? shes in the hospital ! " Ian gives her another odd look . " Im okay . it is her problem that she ran into that truck ! not mine Ian ! " She turns away wishing he knew what she knew and that he was okay with it . But he wasnt , Ian and Melissa had a very close relationship . " Im sorry about ... you know ... the other night . " The other night before Melissa got hit " accidently " by a Chevi Truck , Ian and Emily were sitting on the couch talking when all of a sudden they quiet down. Ians hand reaches over to touch Emilys thin legs . Emily closes her eyes , and moves her head forward just enough , so Ian can move his . But then Melissa walks in and they jump away from each other . " Its ... alright . " No motion goes between them. all they do is stare at each others eyes . Finally , they meet ...

                " Wake up Emily ! were gonna go visit Melissa ! " Monas voice was so high pitched , Emily couldnt reset her sweet mothers voice . " Im up , why do we have to visit her ? can i just stay home ?" Mona stares at her with the No Eyes " Aww ... " Emilys turns away. Mona raises her eye brows . " Shes your big sister ! " Mona leaves the room filling up with tears .

" Stupid red lights ! " Mona exclaimed . Emily had other things in mind , so she didnt really worry about getting there early . " Finally a green light ! " Mona sounded so excited that Emily had to look up from her Ipod . " Hmm... " Emily exaggerated . " Come on ! your sister will love to see you !" Emily bites her lip .. then gives Mona a stink eye . " Ya right ! after that night ! no way ! " Emily pulled away her seat belt from chocking her . " Emily ... " Mona looked like a sad Pug . She even made Emily feel bad for a very long minute . Finally they arrived at the central hospital . Emily lugges out without saying a word .