I have a what?

"Felix," I called.

He knelt down before me, swiftly bowing his head and answering.

"You swear to me that it has been eating well? Following the orders of the Doctors?"

"Yes your majesty," he answered.

I hummed, staring at the little thing sitting across from me. It was far too small to be 13, looking far closer to 10 or even 9 than it's reported age. That may simply be due to the black curse placed upon it. I shall have to another discussion with the fools in the dungeons. If my only heir dies now, I will be pressed by the council to have a replacement. That simply won't do.

It stared at me, fear and caution held within its gaze. No doubt it held some resentment for me. It proved necessary to retrieve it after the reports I received about it's, visitations, to the nearby village.  How funny. It thought it could run.

Felix has reported to me that the girl seems highly intelligent, and along with the beast we have captured it appears that she will also be magically powerfully. A good combination for the future queen.  Her, breeding, leaves some to be desired. A dancer is not much of a lineage. Thankfully her looks will bring good suitors to her if not her station.

Looking at her at again I saw her nerves jitter through her. Like her mother that way. Can't hold still to tell a lie.

"It has come to my attention that my dear daughter has been visiting the village near the Ruby Palace. Without an escort." Hmmm. She looks shocked that I know. Did she think me incompetent? Or perhaps she thought she was sly enough to escape notice.

"That, along with the black curse placed upon you has brought to my attention the, danger, and neglect the Ruby Palace has put you in." I sipped my tea, "Until further notice, you shall reside within the Golden Palace. Until the curse can be reversed and a proper suitor be found for you."

Perhaps the son of that mutt will do. He did bring attention to the actions of his household.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Guess who's back, back. Back again, gain. Jewl is back, back. Don't hurt me, me.

aaaaaye new chapter from Claude POV! Let me know what y'all thought. He was hard af to right for but also fun. This revealed a lot more of the plot (yes i have a plot) than Athy's side would tell so soon. However, ATHY still doesn't know so buckle in for that. I think I'll switch POV with them every once in a while since both are fun to write. But felix.... man felix is damn near impossible.