Chapter Two

“Ugh...” Megan moaned as she held back her vomit and ran towards their bedroom toilet.

            Travis heard his mate vomiting from where he was in the kitchen and quickly ran up to their bedroom. He rushed to her side and held up her hair as he allowed her to vomit whatever contents from her stomach into the toilet bowl.

            “Honey you okay?” he asked in a concerned voice as he leaned down beside Megan to face her.

            “She looks paler than ever...” he thought to himself but didn’t say it out loud.

            “I’m o...” Megan didn’t get to finish her sentence before another waterfall of vomit exited her mouth.

            “That’s it, you’re not going to work today.” Travis stated firmly but Megan looked up at him with pleading eyes.

            “Please Travis! I’m a preschool teacher! You know I’ve been telling you that my kindergarten is short-handed! I can’t possibly take anymore off days!” she complaint but Travis clenched his jaw tightly and stood up.

            “Nope. It’s been almost a month you’ve been vomiting like this! I can’t risk your health and safety! You need to rest!” he insisted and Megan sighed after studying his expression.

            She know she can’t win the argument this time round so she just said “ok” quietly. Travis felt bad that she felt bad so he helped her up to wash her mouth and then scooped her up into his arms, leading her to their bed.

            “Rest today ok honey? I don’t want anything to happen to you...” he said softly and she nuzzled her face into his neck, letting him know that she’s not annoyed by his actions.

            Travis then tucked Megan into bed and pulled the blanket over her.

            “I’ll be bringing you breakfast in bed okay? Just wait for me and rest first.” Travis soothed her and Megan smiled, giving him a kiss on his cheek.

THREE HOURS LATER...

Megan’s P.O.V. :

            I can’t take this vomiting anymore! I have to go see the doctor even though Travis told me to stay in bed!

            Or I could just call the pack doctor, Doctor Cole, to come over...

            I grabbed my cell phone and dialed Doctor Cole’s number. After a few rings, he picked up.

            “Hello, Cole Smith speaking...” he spoke and I swallowed back another vomit quickly before answering him.

            “Doctor Cole, it’s me... Megan Shay...” I said and his voice became more bright and friendly.

            “Hello Miss Megan! How you’ve been? What pleasure do I have to have you calling me??”

            “I’m sick and down with stomach flu... I think...” I stated with doubt and his voice was laced with concern.

            “Okay I’ll come down to Alpha Travis’s house right now! Does he know I’m coming over??”

            “No. Please don’t inform him! He’ll rush straight back from the pack meetings if he knows I’m that sick till I need to have you over!” I said quickly and Doctor Cole agreed to my request and we hung up the phone...