i'm so, so sorry max. // tape 1.1 (unedited)

7:15

january 24th

P L A Y ►

the camera points to max. she's putting on a white apron but the apron falls to her feet from how oversized it is on her. she puts her hands behind her back and frowns. after a minute she huffs and lets her arms fall to her sides.

max looks up at the camera and glares at it. "vii." she whines. "help me tie it."

violet giggles from behind the camera. "you look like you're doing okay max."

"i'm not! come on. be nice and help me."

"nah, i'm okay." the camera turns left, right, and then back to max like a shaking head motion. "holding a camera is a lot of work."

"vi!" max stomps her foot. she stumbles, almost slipping on the apron, but catches herself and lets out a sigh of relief.

"max, be careful."

there's silence. max stares at the camera with pleading eyes but the camera doesn't move, it's' still. a moment passes by before a sigh of giving-in is heard behind the camera.

"i hate when you do the eye thing. you know it's too hard to say no to you when you do that, right?"

"i know." max states matter-of-factly.

a hand comes into view, then its pitch black. the sound of rattling is heard and violet mumbling something before the camera is hit with light. it's unfocused on one figure behind another. it adjusts, then focuses on violet behind max trying to tie the apron around max. she's badly trying to tie a bow before throwing the strings down, not hard out of fear that she would hurt max, and just sticking with a loose tie.

"is that good?"

max turns around to face violet and nods. she looks around and then looks at the camera and waves at it. "that's a good idea putting it on the counter so now you don't have to hold it."

"i know! wait, oh my god- max!" violet grabs max's arm. "let's do a cooking show!"

max grins. "that would be so cool! we could get our cooking show on tv and we'll be famous!" she starts jumping up and down while holding onto the sides of the apron. the apron starts to slip off max so she starts jumping a little less.

violet jumps around with her. she doesn't have the heart to tell her that there's a little bit more to becoming famous than just making a video.

violet glances at the camera and stops jumping.

"vi? what's wrong?" there's worry in max's voice.

violet looks down, then looks up at max. "cameramen aren't supposed to be one of the main characters of videos. they're cameramen for a reason." she points out.